Clarke Bike Lift

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've just ordered this Biktek one... advertised from 370 to 499 depending on who you look at.

I'm taking a punt on it having looked at most options, the wheel free options look good.. but I really want a ramp.

This raises to 800 mil working height which is good and 400 kg swl.

So we'll see how it looks when I get it next week..
bf7c94b6b450e234c5dd8db375cf9e9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That photo looks just like mine Stuart.

JimmyMac

It does Jimmy...

I paid for it this morning, immediately got an email back..some bullshit about they need to charge postage as the item is heavy...blah blah ?75.00 postage...so got I fired right into them as you can imagine...they have now amended their listing to show an all inclusive amount for delivery etc. They done me a deal ?29.00 for postage

So got it for ?400.00 all in, I am actually quite happy with that.. I had a quick scout about, everyone else is more expensive than that.. I'm not really one for shopping about beyond 5 minutes as I have zero patience and no real time for it tbh..

Anyhow I'll update the forum as and when I get it.. but it looks the dugs ! Just need to figure out what I'm going to do with getting the front wheel off for my discs etc.

They have upped the price to ?446.00 inc "Free" delivery..

Last edited:
If it is the same one it is VERY heavy, had to carry it about 100m at Ingliston when I bought it and was knackered just carrying one end, my neebor had the other.

Watch your back when you get it, serious........

JimmyMac

Think they are all the same Jimmy, they are all dead heavy.

I guess it's a courier, hope they let me know when they are delivering it.

S

It's certainly not Jimmy hidden in a big cake box.... "surpriiiiiiiiiiise"...

Lol

Last edited:
I thought it would be taller Stuart?

Thats only going to raise your bike about 6 inches.

You'll need to buy another 8 or 9 of those.

Youve not really thought this through have you.............

JimmyMac

By the way you were right about the weight Jimmy !..

I told the delivery guy to leave it on the driveway and I'd sling it in the garage later.. theres a light end and a really heavy end !.. my wee 1Jac came in handy..

Glad you never knacked yourself, I turned up on a project today just as 3 steel beams arrived, really bad timing.......

Four of us managed to carry them up a flight of stairs into flats I am building, 148 kgs each which turned out to be just under the straw weight for us all.

I've given the place a wide berth the rest of today, lol.

JimmyMac

Timing is everything Jimmy, take the rest of the day aff !

I managed to get this thing out of the box...quite awkward doing it myself.

Must say..it's pretty well made, although theres not much to it the manual is crap... A5, four pages miniscule text and no explanation as to how to put it together.

Kind of figured out what goes where. Looks pretty robust, welds and pivot points all look solid enough, gauge of material seems decent..auto lock safety mechanism which is really good, no sliding a locking bar in or that..

Lifts up to just above waist height...very pleased..
860a90617e1291454b7c8423e9ec1535.jpg
2abc1b12b07c054a7324887d16973f05.jpg
c1b356b9be70bf57d138b66197d94fac.jpg
faf76df1bdf9aa0d76e394f1ff3fd590.jpg
64c2998bb18e5c8b8d9c08f7a2c151f4.jpg
595babd4cb9dced3512a3af220227a14.jpg
1b6a5e871ab3f3fb4f231bd6321dcf87.jpg
af05cfb243d3825e3f94b96ccc764b3b.jpg

First time I read this I thought, WTF is Jimmy buying a bike ramp in Islington...

I'd travel if there was a deal to be done Hugh.

Your ramp is identical to mine Stuart, even down to the paint job. I never saw the locking mechanism in the advert that you posted but as you had already bought it I just kept schtum, I raise mine to the desired height and lower onto a lock, so that the hydraulic ram is not pressurised for a long time when un-necessary.

Enjoy it.

JimmyMac

Haha... yous are all manky bastards.. I've posted a nice set of clips there on NC500 group chat...very tasty..

I will Soof... I'll stick it on over weekend...

That locking mechanism is fantastic...it' on the RHS of the ramp it engages into the slots the further up you raise the platform... you can see the spars below the platform.

Back