Clarke Bike Lift

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Quite a few bike lifts available from ?300 upwards... anyone got the Machine Mart one at all.

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/cml3-hydraulic-motorcylce-lift/

I'm thinking of investing in one for the winter .. I want to do my front discs...replace my bellypan, nose cone and various body panels, O n F and general maintenance... fed up and too sore lying about on my side and my knees are shot. Got the usual paddock stands and 1Jac....but no substitute for working at waist height...comments lads !.
S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Its a good idea, plus you can get Joyce at the right height...whichever Joyce it is that day.

- Alex

Last edited:
Haha...the worrying thing is SWL is only 450 kg... I was thinking getting Jimmy to run it up on the ramp for me.. as the bikes 200kg... that leaves...lets see...450kg less 200kg.......nope that won't ******* work.

Last edited:
Stuart, I have a ramp very similar to the Clarkes one that I bought at the Scottish Bike Show, very impressed with it. It has easily lifted my Adventure and once you use it you will wonder how you ever did without it.
Just buy one and save your knees, a couple of those magnetic bolt saucers are a great investment too.

I will ignore your terrible arithmetic and remind you, that I may be heavy but worth my weight in gold, lol.

JimmyMac

Ramp is class m8 i changed clamp to ride over lock front wheel in and rear stand
didnt like screw clamp idea felt like was gona falll ride on way easyer
also can get constand centre lift on if need off the deck
also only lift weight is the bike
dont sit on it while lifting as rule
only mount while down on the bottom

i like mine any way now way i like it only dill few holes ta get new one bolted in

I?ve got the ABBA Skylift. Mint piece of kit
efea3bdfb42239d8cfc655ed6447e596.jpg

81a99429cd839e609aec3a0bcd859f03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All good info there lads.. I'm liking that Abba for two reasons Gixxer.. 1 working Height... 2 It's wheel free. Will it lift the machine without removing fairings first and what is the access to fairing fasteners if thats a yes.

Jimmy Irene says she used to like the weight of a man on her but shes no sure now lol..

Pip and Jimmy can the wheels come off when its on the ramp ?..how does that work...pip mentioned a centre stand and front clamp thing...?

Wheels off is a must as I do my own brakes..discs C and Sprockets etc and good for adjusting head bearings if required..

Cheers lads

Rear stand makes stable enough jump on off no bother like
my pic was day it arived iv changed front stand to flat plate style now and always rear stand it once its in for the day
easy ta work on clean ext at waist hight

All good info there lads.. I'm liking that Abba for two reasons Gixxer.. 1 working Height... 2 It's wheel free. Will it lift the machine without removing fairings first and what is the access to fairing fasteners if thats a yes.

Wheels off is a must as I do my own brakes..discs C and Sprockets etc and good for adjusting head bearings if required..

Yes it will without fairing removal but som can be awkward to get off.
Perfect for wheel removal type jobs.
Can also get different adapters for other bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need a wheeled paddock stand as the bike can't roll back to lift
Mines a machine mart.....no problems and it's 8 years old
1de4a011f8d3958af93970449ef363e3.jpg

Here?s mine when my garage was a bit tidier.

2054c76948ed5d20883dd6afc3a2af9e.jpg

fe2ea8c165c1b78585ddf1307250fd16.jpg

I?ve changed the front wheel chick to the same one as plphones bolted direct to the metal plate. Much more secure when pushing the bike on.

JimmyMac

Jimmy what is this front clamp change... where do you get that from...

I might come see yours at weekend if your about...

Last edited:
The one in the first pic is the one that came with the ramp. I have removed it and put one of the "roll into" type clamps on it like the one in plphones photo.

Don't bother coming over this weekend , I'm out, ehhhhhhh washing my hair, emmmmm visiting lepers in India.

Oh f13k it, aye I'll be here, the kettle will be on standby, lol.

JimmyMac

Yer teas shite anyhow... might jump over Sunday if your about. I'll bell you see where your at... that Sky lift that Gixxers got looks braw too... I am drawn to a ramp for some reason...maybe cos I worked under them for years..

Back