Fenati grabbing brake lever

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He should have been banned till the end of the season minimum, and sent to a therapist for anger management.

I am pleased his team have stepped in where FIM/Dorna showed weakness and MV have also confirmed he will not be on one of their bikes next year.

He was due to ride for the team who Manzi is with currently, can you believe!

My household watched it yesterday and we were all gob-smacked that a 'pro' would do that, never mind do that with the whole world and his dog watching! From what I read, Manzi and Fenati had a bit of a racing incident earlier on but that's no excuse for intentionally taking those kind of risks. They should have done what Rossi and Biaggi did a few years previous - and take it behind closed doors.

Silly boy has screwed his racing career forever. He'll always be remembered for this (but at least he'll be remembered!).

He was kicked off the VR46 team in Moto3 for unprofessional behaviour towards the team, he was lucky to get the ride in Moto2, so after the brake leaver incident I can?t imagine he?ll be in any teams good books for the future.

It?s unbelievable to think such an experienced and talented rider could make such an irresponsible decision ...

- Oli

Silly boy, doing that in full view of millions of people (thanks to the news coverage).
Not that I'd ever have done anything like that as silly young boy, eg. leaning over a mates bars and removing his key, lol.
#longarms

If I was in moto2 and he turned up again I would refuse to race. The sport is dangerous enough at that level but what he did was crazy. No excuse, off to work delivering pizzas for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Licence has been revoked by Italian version of ACU, he's also being investigated and court date set for 14th Sept so he's far from being finished :)

He's completely finished albeit voluntarily...surprised no one updated this.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
in all honesty, despite the stupidity of it all, I do actually now feel sorry for the guy. Losing his job(s), I think, was enough, but then (and maybe justifiably) the revocation of his license followed by possible legal proceedings IMO was a bit too far.

in all honesty, despite the stupidity of it all, I do actually now feel sorry for the guy. Losing his job(s), I think, was enough, but then (and maybe justifiably) the revocation of his license followed by possible legal proceedings IMO was a bit too far.
I think legal action would be a step too far as well. I think it would open up a whole big tin of worms

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I agree, he's a young bloke who made a big mistake from which there is no return.
No sponsor would touch a team with him in it: "Great news Mr 'Moneybags', guess who we've got riding for your team..."

Sadly this sort of behaviour will not go unpunished. It’s been brought on by himself and there’s absolutely nobody to blame bar himself. The what’s and ifs are huge, the majority of racing incidents are exactly that, racing incidents where you can never really prove intent, regardless of what the pundits and ourselves think.

In this case it’s clear cut that it was 100% deliberate, regardless of whether it was premeditated or not is null and void, he did it and it’s in full view for all to see.

I think for Fenati the problem is also his previous behaviour, it’s an accumulation of incidents which has sadly peaked, one stupid move has ruined his career, I personally feel the legal action is perfectly acceptable, you have to face the consequences for such actions.

The other issue i have is with the mentality of some of the riders, during the press conference MM and AD made a statement regarding the incident that went something like this - I think we need to see what happened leading up to this?.........I think they quickly realised how daft that was as they then proceeded to state “but it’s uncalled for and should never happen” or something along those lines. I’m fact, when Dovi makes his comment Cal looks at him as if he’s just shat in his kettle, I don’t think he could quite believe what he was hearing.

Theres absolutely nothing that Manzi could have done to warrant that behaviour, and as it turned out from what Fenati states it was your typical racing incidents, rubbing is racing, yet he spits the dummy as usual and goes way above reckless and leans across and applies his front brake at circa 120-140mph as each and every report varies.

Do I feel sorry for him, I must admit as I keep seeing report after report and update after update I start to think what a shame, a wasted talent as it looks like he’ll never ride again. But, it can’t go unpunished and an example has to be made so nobody can ever think they can do this and get away with it.

In the heat of the moment people do stupid things especially when the stakes are high, it?s because we have a ?fight or flight respond within us all?.

Who can forget Zidane?s headbutt. Tyson eating Holyfields ear, Schumacher shunts (Numerous) or Cantona doing the high flying karate kick on the supporter in the stands.

With a clear mind the lad is deeply regretting his actions and has probably f13ked his career.

Theses guys all get racing from a very early age and need to be disciplined by their Mentors on how to behave and know there are real consequences, bet you no other young rider will ever think of doing this now.

Racing cannot allow this to be repeated, it is truly ?life or death?.

JimmyMac

Back