Hello from Belgium

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Zouglas, put the chocolate down and tell us all a bit about yourself. Haha

Where are you from? What bike do you ride and a little background info will all be good.

Whats the roads like in Belgium for bikes or are you more of a track rider.

A big welcome from Scotland.

JimmyMac

Welcome to the forum Zouglas.

As Jimmy says, tell us a bit about yourself and your biking history.

Enjoy the forum and I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Hi Zouglas, put the chocolate down and tell us all a bit about yourself. Haha

Where are you from? What bike do you ride and a little background info will all be good.

Whats the roads like in Belgium for bikes or are you more of a track rider.

A big welcome from Scotland.

JimmyMac

Actually I am Greek but living/working in Belgium. I am riding an 2015 RR which I bought couple of years ago with low mileage. Have 18,000klm with no major issues. There's the cam chain tensioner issue of course. I have installed the upgraded OEM part but still you hear some noise.
I have been riding bikes for 25 years come shine or rain, commuting and track-days.
The roads in Belgium are not really very good. But the Spa circuit is outstanding. Especially for liter bikes it's amazing.Highly recommended...

What's this upgraded part? Never heard of it. Is there a different cam chain tensioner on the 2017+ models? All the engines are noisy, it's a feature.

What's this upgraded part? Never heard of it. Is there a different cam chain tensioner on the 2017+ models? All the engines are noisy, it's a feature.

Well, the upgraded part is a tensioner which is a bit longer and supposedly eliminates the rattle. I would imagine that the 2017 model would come with the upgraded part as standard.

Back