Stolen Bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a bullet thought the thieving scums hands tend to make them not do it again . best of luck .

Had 2 stolen this yr si 8 know your pain

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lad living near me was telling me how his R6 was nicked...and recovered.

Ingenious scroats...

He left his bike between 2 cars for 20mins, under the balconies of a block of council flats.

Came back and it was gone. Checked the tracker (Scorpion again) and it hadn't updated the position.

Police called etc etc...

Hours later, the police call him and ask him to come and identify a bike.

He goes back to the same estate to meet the Police. They take him to the 8th floor...tucked in a corner is his R6, he looks over the balcony and realises the bike is in the same place he left it, but 40m or so higher (however high 8 floors are).

They'd broken the steering lock pushed the bike to the far end of the estate. Got it in a huge long service lift, pushed it back across the estate till it was above the place they found it.

Quite ingenious till someone called it in, the tracker was no real help.

- Alex

Last edited:
Alex, that is a totally new one on me, there is no boundary to the criminal mind. Thats a cracker of a plan. Glad the fella got it back.

JimmyMac

Lad living near me was telling me how his R6 was nicked...and recovered.

Ingenious scroats...

He left his bike between 2 cars for 20mins, under the balconies of a block of council flats.

Came back and it was gone. Checked the tracker (Scorpion again) and it hadn't updated the position.

Police called etc etc...

Hours later, the police call him and ask him to come and identify a bike.

He goes back to the same estate to meet the Police. They take him to the 8th floor...tucked in a corner is his R6, he looks over the balcony and realises the bike is in the same place he left it, but 40m or so higher (however high 8 floors are).

They'd broken the steering lock pushed the bike to the far end of the estate. Got it in a huge long service lift, pushed it back across the estate till it was above the place they found it.

Quite ingenious till someone called it in, the tracker was no real help.

- Alex
Strange that, whilst changing my fork height i didnt bother letting the tracker company know what i was doing as i was only lifting the front end off the ground with an engine hoist. I lifted the front 6 inches off the floor and 10 secs later i got a text and 10 secs after that 8 got a call saying i had unauthorized movement of my vehicle. I said i was with the bike and said it hasnt moved forward or backwards 1 inch and his reply was "it hasnt but it has moved upwards !!!!"

Must be similar in sensitivity to mine Pof, I've had this phone call when oiling my chain on a paddock stand. Just by rotating the wheel in neutral.

I wouldn't be without one now after I had a bike nicked a few years ago.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Must be similar in sensitivity to mine Pof, I've had this phone call when oiling my chain on a paddock stand. Just by rotating the wheel in neutral.

I wouldn't be without one now after I had a bike nicked a few years ago.

JimmyMac
Having had 2 go this yr im not taking any chances [emoji23]

Thanks for confirming it wasn't the Scorpion as was used in both the other cases...

- Alex
I was under the impression that gps was "3 dimensional"?

Never had a tracker. Which one would you guys recommend? Mine lives in a garage most of the time. H

Ask Jimmy H... he swear by his...if it moves an inch this thing vibrates in his pocket... it's not his phone :) joking aside Jimmy's got a really good set up, but can't recall the name of it.

BikeTrac Stuart.

Great service, they even phoned to ask if I needed help when I crashed my GSA in the Pyrenees.

Wouldn?t be without it now.

JimmyMac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats the one Jimmy...

In case anyones wondering why I'm still awake..

Me and my wee mate have just hoovered the last of this 59.5%.... Cask Strength...stunning...but needs some H2O... the American Oak is shite compared to it anyhow....zzzzz time... ttfn peeps. .
fa83d7a9fe1b8a4f37af77b2045db737.jpg
5dc43f5147951715c6671ba5bf34f832.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
BikeTrac Stuart.

Great service, they even phoned to ask if I needed help when I crashed my GSA in the Pyrenees.

Wouldn’t be without it now.

JimmyMac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks intersting, ta.
I'm gonna check my shotgun license to see what it says about waiting for a thief to return to where he stashed your stolen bike:
"It was only the one kneecap, your honour..."

Never had a tracker. Which one would you guys recommend? Mine lives in a garage most of the time. H

+1 on BikeTrac. You can set it to register any movement or set up a "geofence". As Jimmy says it also has a 'bike down" mode where as well as them calling you, you can set up text alerts to other people.

It's not cheap but is well worth it IMHO.

Is your mate called Bradford?
Lol.
Sorry all. In joke.
DONT explain Stu:culpability:
Lol.... haha... no but he's only got one shoe on... so we will call him Shuey which in a way is Scottish for Hughey..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back