Stolen Bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Venemous

Reaction score
Today my bike was stolen in daylight. It had security on it. Basically I was out doing my thing l, parked the bike close to the main road only to come and see its not there. The police was already on scene as someone called and reported two people pushing the bike whilst the alarm was going off. All the reporting to police, insurance and tracking company has been done, cctv has been recovered and viewed and I just wanted to know what is the likelihood of the bike being recovered.

Keept it honest. The bike is being tracked and its location will be sent to the police so they can dispatch a unit to its location but from speaking with the company that tracks my bike im not convonced they can get the kob done. I say this because they said the bikes location only shows up its last known location (which was where it was stolen from) and they have to wait for them to now move the bike again until it pings ip its new location. Doesnt that mean they will forever be 1 srep behind where the actual bike is?

I also spent 3/4 hrs walking around every state, ally, side road in the area to find the bike and had no luck. I assum they walked it somewhere close to where it was. Finally if anyone sees a 2017 BMW S1000RR in the southwark/Lambeth/Walworth area its most likely mine and would appreciate if you could give me a shout out.

Sorry to hear this Venemous, tracking usually leads to recovery in very short time by the big tracking companies, but don't really know the chances with your tracking system.

Can only keep my fingers crossed for you mate.

JimmyMac

Sorry to hear this Venemous, tracking usually leads to recovery in very short time by the big tracking companies, but don't really know the chances with your tracking system.

Can only keep my fingers crossed for you mate.

JimmyMac

Well its being tracked by Scorpian. Dont know how big or small they are

Yeah I have the app and it shows the bike at the stolen location. They say I have to wait for them to touch/move the bike again and it will give off its location now that its in ?SOS? mode. I?m very ready for when that happens.

Sounds like it can't be too far away then Venemous, best of luck with the recovery. Keep us all posted.

JimmyMac

I live off Walworth Road...what colour and where exactly was it parked when taken?

Hi Alex.

It was taken at 2:50pm yesterday on Larcom St. post code is SE18 1RT. Its motorsport color, so the blue and white with added carbon fibre to some parts of the bike

Next to Elephant Park...hmmm, did you check the railway arches?
Do you know the direction it was being pushed?

Last edited:
My bike is stored beyond that road and I need to go grab something from the lockup.
I will walk over in a bit and have a butchers.

I would have thought the tracker could show current location to the company & the police but perhaps not on your app. Sounds funny that it would only give new location when moved again.

Must be a nightmare down there lads... thefts are rare up here.

Londons getting a bad rap the now with these moped *****, stabbings and all that...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back