New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new Ape is an awesome machine. I tested rode one a few weeks ago and posted here.
Had they done it in a better paint scheme I?d have bought it as it?s ugly as sin. I?m lucky enough to have a dealer not too far away.

Its hard not to get frustrated waiting on the bmw. All you hear is it?ll be worth the wait. Will it really? It?s going to be next year before we can get any decent use out of it with the weather if mines comes in September as expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A winter of Spanish trips perhaps? :)

I was hoping to have mines run in for a track event at Alcarras in October. If I can manage it I might just leave it in Spain at our place after that until next summer

Ah yes we are on the Pacedayz trips as well, can't wait for that one on the BMW. Last year on the R6 was awesome. I'm really tempted to leave a bike in Spain next winter as well and plan to miss all the early UK races as they are always a survival struggle and waste of money.

Ah yes we are on the Pacedayz trips as well, can't wait for that one on the BMW. Last year on the R6 was awesome. I'm really tempted to leave a bike in Spain next winter as well and plan to miss all the early UK races as they are always a survival struggle and waste of money.

My 899 is in Spain anyway if the beemer doesn?t come but would be nice to try the new bike out

Test ride today;

My background, currently have a Gen 3 , I’m about 6’ 2, 17 stone, medium pace road riding ,infrequent track day inters. Have an M Sport on order.

Took the Sport for approx 2 1/2 hrs.

Purely my opinion, Felt slightly taller and thinner around the tank, bars slightly wider.

Town speed, more vibey around the base of tank/crotch area and mirrors lens vibrated a lot.

Normal higher road speeds, engine felt smooth, vibes disappeared, mirrors cleared(to a point)

Quickshifter/blipper and suspension such an improvement over my Gen 3, apart from a pain trying to locate neutral.

Quite windy today but I wasn’t getting too overtly affected by turbulence over screen.

For me, the ergonomics was brilliantly, I felt really comfortable (for a sportsbike) I loved how it felt more nose pointy and how quickly it steered (forged wheels not carbon)

The engine span up so quickly.

I like hard initial bite on brakes but, imo, the Hayes were brilliant. Yes, they are, intially, softer but when you squeeze them the force is superb and feels like they will snap the handlebars/clip ons with the force.

Also like how you can now shift up, with Cruise on, and it doesn’t disengage cruise.

Noticed that the bar end weight paint had already worn through.

After the ride, I cannot wait for the delivery of my M Sport as it’s a significant step from my Gen3.

Recently joined, no? So you've decided to leave and get a Duc?

- Alex

Don?t think he was ever going to get a S1000RR. Nearly every single post of him is negative to the maximum. Bitching about how bad this bike is. Just a troll.

So, Thumper was banned before under the username Boomaz, we saw he'd re-registered with a new account and decided to humour the situation and see what would happen.
Alas the same behaviour bore out so we, again, done with him.

We've removed the posts of him kicking off in reaction to @noxx calling him out.
Good work Noxx :D Made us laugh.

Last edited:
Haha... just been reading this... guy's at the wind up.... remember that Jimmy guy a few years ago... he ended up going mental....

I love how these guys mouth off but would never do it yer face ... slap slap...

So, Thumper was banned before under the username Boomaz, we saw he'd re-registered with a new account and decided to humour the situation and see what would happen.
Alas the same behaviour bore out so we, again, done with him.

Ahhhh Boomaz... remember the name.. was he acting the **** before ?

Back