New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a bike but its going to require massive restraint not to ride everywhere at licence busting speeds, at least the gen3 did 'slow(ish)' reasonably well...

I think you are clutching at straws on that one mac lol, I get the inkling you might be getting your head turned a little. ;)

What a bike but its going to require massive restraint not to ride everywhere at licence busting speeds, at least the gen3 did 'slow(ish)' reasonably well...

I already have the Gen 4 M Sport and she does just fine at subsonic speeds.

Looks as though it pops up on the back wheel without too much gas....like it !

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

It does. No wheelies in rain mode, tiny ones in road mode, again a little bit more in dynamic, show off wheelies in race mode and in race pro 1/2/3 you can go absolutely ape shit.

Thats one thing I really noticed. The Gen 3 feels quite dead when the electronics are on anything other than slick chip minimum as they are too intrusive even though you can't actually feel them working. The Gen 4 feels alive even in the normal modes. The new electronics are much more like my race bike electronics: they feel like they are helping you go faster rather than throttling the feel of the bike.

Last edited:
Thats one thing I really noticed. The Gen 3 feels quite dead when the electronics are on anything other than slick chip minimum as they are too intrusive even though you can't actually feel them working. The Gen 4 feels alive even in the normal modes. The new electronics are much more like my race bike electronics: they feel like they are helping you go faster rather than throttling the feel of the bike.
What are you doing with your current gen3?

That 650ib vid was actually very good. I am impressed with the lack of BS.

Bike
Weight (w/fuel)
Rear Wheel HP
Torque lb ft
Ducati V4R (10miles)
437lb / 198.2kg
BMW S1000RR (400miles)
436lb / 197.6kg
Aprilia RSV4 1100 (500miles)
457lb / 207.2kg

Matched for power with the ape and is the lightest.

Its a shame the V4R isnt run in as it makes a big difference. Even after 100 miles you really feel an engine loosen up.

BikeWeight (w/fuel)Rear Wheel HPTorque lb ft
Ducati V4R (10miles)437lb / 198.2kg18474
BMW S1000RR (400miles)436lb / 197.6kg19279
Aprilia RSV4 1100 (500miles)457lb / 207.2kg19283

I have the RS2E mapping and shorter throttle modification. It was game changing for my riding, I would highly recommend it.

Last edited:

BikeWeight (w/fuel)Rear Wheel HPTorque lb ft
Ducati V4R (10miles)437lb / 198.2kg18474
BMW S1000RR (400miles)436lb / 197.6kg19279
Aprilia RSV4 1100 (500miles)457lb / 207.2kg19283

I know out of the 3 it may have the least 'soul', but when you factor in price, power, weight, toys and blingy bits it is so far ahead of both it's crazy.
I'm starting to get so bloody excited about getting mine next month.

I know out of the 3 it may have the least 'soul', but when you factor in price, power, weight, toys and blingy bits it is so far ahead of both it's crazy.
I'm starting to get so bloody excited about getting mine next month.
I know but is soul , character not what makes a bike

I know but is soul , character not what makes a bike

Well it's all subjective mate. I bought a V4S but it had so any problems I never ended up taking delivery, my mate has an Aprilia so can't copy that, and the BMW is by far the best overall package that I will actually be able to use and fits my needs perfectly.
As much as I love the V4S for the mostly track use that my bike will see the BMW is a far better choice.

Everytime I open the garage I'll get a tingly feeling at the S1000RR which is all that matters for me. I don't buy anything to impress other people.

I dont think you will feel it lacks soul. When I bought my Gen 3 I was all set to sell it straight on because I never really got excited by it but then it came alive with the slick chip and I kept it. The Gen 4 doesn't feel like that at all. It was a little unexciting at slow speeds because of its linearity and quietness but as soon as you get going it felt incredible.

There's someone on another forum I post on that has had a 2019 RSV4 1100 and a Gen 4 S1000RR...although he says the Gen 4 is nothing less than an amazing bike, the Ape is better in all respects................

I can believe him but the RSV4 and the Panigale V4 are both 1100 so no use to me as i can't go racing on them later on when the time comes. Just as importantly for me the dealer support for the RSV4 is rubbish so whilst I'd love to experience one; I wouldn't buy one. The last generation RSV4 was supposedly the best race bike on the market as well but failed to sell for the same reason. You can guarantee there will be millions of S1000RR on track in a few years time so there will be plenty of parts available if you crash them.

I can believe him but the RSV4 and the Panigale V4 are both 1100 so no use to me as i can't go racing on them later on when the time comes. Just as importantly for me the dealer support for the RSV4 is rubbish so whilst I'd love to experience one; I wouldn't buy one. The last generation RSV4 was supposedly the best race bike on the market as well but failed to sell for the same reason. You can guarantee there will be millions of S1000RR on track in a few years time so there will be plenty of parts available if you crash them.

Are you putting yours straight on track?

Ape dealers are a worry .... glad my Tuono never went wrong.

Yes mate, nothing too serious as I have the race bike for that but I dont see the point of spending this much money on a bike that's just used on the road. I'll probably do a few euro events and some Nurburgring trips along with possibly a bit of touring. I quite fancy an Alps trip on the bike again but I dont like wasting miles on the boring northern part of Europe so might try putting it on a train from Paris this time. I still haven't been 100% on buying the bike due to finances but I'm pretty much talking myself into it after the test ride was so good!

Last edited:
Back