New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?m not sure about that, they released the patent it?s not a spy shot . But I think they could be testing the water on the design of the front which looks a little sad.

I don't think it will be at Intermot, anyone going there to see it is likely to be disappointed.
BMW like to annoy Ducati by delivering the next generation in their back yard.

And I do think that's the final design as you couldn't patent it otherwise.

Well I believe intermot is miles better than our shows personally, I?ve booked them both never be to Milan so all bases covered.

Yes I believe you?re right on the patent

If the back end was more pointy and less curvy, It would look 10x better

Also, Has Huge says...Whats the logo going to be now

Mate from a chat group thinks
?FYI I have it on good authority that the new Bmw will be 175kg dry, have an adjustable frame, and 210bhp at the crank.?

Yes, I know more gossip, buy why not :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can someone explain in laymans terms (for thick people like me) how "normal" tc works compared to audible tc and cylinder suppression please

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Can someone explain in laymans terms (for thick people like me) how "normal" tc works compared to audible tc and cylinder suppression please

I believe the standard TC predominately uses (closes) the throttle plates to reduce torque, followed by ignition timing changes.

Audible TC (cylinder suppression) is when the spark is cut to reduce torque.

I think!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

If it can get me round donny and cadwell in under 2 mins i will get one [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

s1k2019 by N MK, on Flickr

Not sure if anyone's seen the actual bike, or its been posted via a link, but here's the picture that's circulating of the real thing.

s1k2019 by N MK, on Flickr

Not sure if anyone's seen the actual bike, or its been posted via a link, but here's the picture that's circulating of the real thing.
Surly this cannot be the final bike, a mule maybe?

Aesthetically, the current bike definitely split opinion, but for the marmite lovers it was ( and is) very recognisable & distinct.

That pic just looks so generic. Way too new fireblade.

Last edited:
Na surely thats not it... that looks plain Jane... Fireblade looks sportier than that.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Guaranteed that's exactly the bike. Hopefully not the colour tho.
-
BUT.
-
The photo angle is rubbish (anyone who's photographed their bike will know that's the worst place to stand) with googly mirrors, teeny rear, white back to the barn door of a plate. Also the helmet gives the impression of a top box which I can't shake when looking at the pic (and visualising stuff is my day job).
Saying it looks like a Fireblade in THIS photo is a compliment. To me, it looks like a new duller VFR. All it needs is a "Polite" bib and you're set for a 1000 mile motorway ride.
-
Worry not. Some enterprising souls have already started mocking up colour schemes. Guaranteed it's gonna look fantastic in proper paint with the 'make-it-legal stuff' removed.
Dump the exhaust, bung a tail tidy on and it'll be THE bike to have in 2019. For me, I'd also lose the mirrors and replace with bar end mirrors and LED strip indicators.
-
I'm just peed off I can't afford one :-(

I hated those combined indicator/mirrors on my 09 blade they look so learner like...total naff.

I'm absolutely unimpressed if thats it... the angle is wrong, but still looks so commuterish...

I hated those combined indicator/mirrors on my 09 blade they look so learner like...total naff.

I'm absolutely unimpressed if thats it... the angle is wrong, but still looks so commuterish...

Im not a lover of the indicator/ mirror combo either, on any bike

Back