New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this all sounds good until the next day and you open your garage door and there's a gixer in there. :)

I thought that might get a reaction, lol! I think the video says it all, just need to get a test ride lined up on a gen4 now..

See post 1717 Ryan [emoji6]

Interesting Fagan has brake issues with nearly all inc the '19 RR. Seems there are inconsistent results with them.

- Alex

2019 196HP Rear Wheel
2018 178HP Rear Wheel
HP4-RACE 202HP Rear Wheel (but less than the 19 below 8k)

Last edited:
Be nice to see the new rr with full exhaust system,map ect vs the 18 with mods.
I reckon they be few hp diff not too much.
the torque be intresting to have a look at on the new rr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back from my test ride of the sport version. Initial summary of my thoughts:
1) Engine is definitely stronger everywhere (I have 2016 model). Revs up so fast and on the road at least you don't notice a big jump up into a power band. First service had just been done so had all the revs to play with.
2) As has been reported before, brakes lack the initial bite of the brembos, but give them a squeeze and they work well. More than enough for the road.
3) Quickshifter is a little smoother than the last one, especially going up the box.
4) Handles really sweet. Turns in quick and flicks side to side with minimal effort. Certainly felt less tired than I do jumping off mine after a ride out.
5) New dash is mint.
6) Only negative I had jumping off was the seat wasn't as comfy, my guess is due to it being narrower and not as supportive. Bum was starting to feel it after about 70 miles in the saddle.
7) It no longer veers to the right with the cruise control on dawdling through the 30 zones!

I pick up my M package on the 15th - can't wait to see how it feels with the carbon wheels on. Only 15 sleeps 'til Santa!

Just got back from my test ride of the sport version. Initial summary of my thoughts:
1) Engine is definitely stronger everywhere (I have 2016 model). Revs up so fast and on the road at least you don't notice a big jump up into a power band. First service had just been done so had all the revs to play with.
2) As has been reported before, brakes lack the initial bite of the brembos, but give them a squeeze and they work well. More than enough for the road.
3) Quickshifter is a little smoother than the last one, especially going up the box.
4) Handles really sweet. Turns in quick and flicks side to side with minimal effort. Certainly felt less tired than I do jumping off mine after a ride out.
5) New dash is mint.
6) Only negative I had jumping off was the seat wasn't as comfy, my guess is due to it being narrower and not as supportive. Bum was starting to feel it after about 70 miles in the saddle.
7) It no longer veers to the right with the cruise control on dawdling through the 30 zones!

I pick up my M package on the 15th - can't wait to see how it feels with the carbon wheels on. Only 15 sleeps 'til Santa!

Be interesting to see how they both compare.

Dealer told me that there was no restrictions to revs before the run in service.

Be interesting to see how they both compare.

Dealer told me that there was no restrictions to revs before the run in service.

Thats interesting to hear as BMW have always been very strict on the rev limits before run in even on race bikes.

Thats interesting to hear as BMW have always been very strict on the rev limits before run in even on race bikes.

yeah, I thought it was 9k revs but he said no. He’s been running their sport in prior to the service before the bikes made available for demo

yeah, I thought it was 9k revs but he said no. He’s been running their sport in prior to the service before the bikes made available for demo

That's not what my dealer said tonight,when I asked him.
He said they are still rev-limited.He also said that BMW told them that demonstrators must be run-in and de-restricted.

That's not what my dealer said tonight,when I asked him.
He said they are still rev-limited. He also said that BMW told them that demonstrators must be run-in and de-restricted.

I?ve been told exactly the same thing.

For those that will predominantly be using their new S1000RR for track use, a reliable BMW race source has confirmed that ISTA/P ECU unlock codes will likely be available from BMW later in the year. As with previous model years, there will be codes available for both the new M Power Kit and M Calibration Kit.

Full details, warranty implications, and price are all TBC.

Back