New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe we can get an apology now that someone has posted that they haven’t paid full RRP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apology for what exactly? You havent posted what you are paying, you could be paying ?1 less than rrp or making it up to big yourself up on a forum, you might not even have an order in, its anyones guess who or what you are saying is true which is exactly my point about making statements on this forum without backing it up.

JoePeps has posted his price, does that mean he is being disrespectful? I respect the guy for being transparent, clearly something you take issue with. Seriously, its a ?20k bike not a FCA regulated transaction ffs.

They have 3 wheel options, cast, forged, carbon. I would assume at least the latter 2 are 200 section.

- Alex
Cheers Alex, makes perfect sense. I've not really paid that much attention to the options since I'm not buying one..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Apology for what exactly? You havent posted what you are paying, you could be paying ?1 less than rrp or making it up to big yourself up on a forum, you might not even have an order in, its anyones guess who or what you are saying is true which is exactly my point about making statements on this forum without backing it up.

JoePeps has posted his price, does that mean he is being disrespectful? I respect the guy for being transparent, clearly something you take issue with. Seriously, its a ?20k bike not a FCA regulated transaction ffs.

JoePeps only stated what he?s paying, no different to me saying I?m paying less than RRP which I am. What?s to say he?s not bugging himself up on a forum like you?re suggesting I am.

I don?t need to prove anything to the likes of you on an open forum.

A question was asked if we were all paying RRP and clearly we all aren?t. I answered that.

It?s folk like you that give forums a bad name with your shite

JoePeps only stated what he’s paying, no different to me saying I’m paying less than RRP which I am. What’s to say he’s not bugging himself up on a forum like you’re suggesting I am.

I don’t need to prove anything to the likes of you on an open forum.

A question was asked if we were all paying RRP and clearly we all aren’t. I answered that.

It’s folk like you that give forums a bad name with your shite

When you say open forum, this isnt some public service that exists for free for you to post insults because you refuse to divulge what you are paying and take issue when asked. You have insulted me twice now, enough. I own this forum, I support it financially and put a lot of time into keeping it maintained and factual for the benefit of everyone on here. Theres a great bunch of guys on here, if you dont want to be part of the community by helping others benefit from knowing what deal you got then move on.

When you say open forum, this isnt some public service that exists for free for you to post insults because you refuse to divulge what you are paying and take issue when asked. You have insulted me twice now, enough. I own this forum, I support it financially and put a lot of time into keeping it maintained and factual for the benefit of everyone on here. Theres a great bunch of guys on here, if you dont want to be part of the community by helping others benefit from knowing what deal you got then move on.

You might run it and you might support it but that doesn?t give you the right to speak to people how you like and for people to have to put up with that either.
I?ve seen responses like this from you on other threads when you don?t like other people?s views.
You don?t have any right to dictate the thoughts of others that differ from your own.

This is the last I?m saying on this matter as this was actually a really good thread with some good info until you got all high and mighty, stamping your feet and throwing your toys out your pram with stupid statements.

Hush money is quite a derogatory term to use here and unnecessary, I dont really see why you have used that expression as theres no silence being paid for. The ?500 is being given as a discount to customers who had ordered with confirmed delivery dates that were then moved due to the delays. Its a goodwill gesture.

Still waiting for a response to my question about the sub rrp ‘loads of people are paying’. Seems like bullshit to me as this claim has no hard facts. I am going to ban people who boast those sorts of claims who cant back them up because it reads like a deliberate attempt to upset bmw customers and forum members who have signed up to the new bike at rrp in good faith (which is what we are all paying).
Not a term I made up, simply quoting the term from the previous post. But I guess that makes me equally guilty.
Are dealers really putting M bikes on as demos? The standard and sport yes, the M I don't understand especially when they are in such short supply?

Are dealers really putting M bikes on as demos? The standard and sport yes, the M I don't understand especially when they are in such short supply?

It?s called Bmw standards. I?ve been told they have to have a demo and a one in the showroom and neither can be sold. (For a period) It?s very similar across the motor trade when a new model is released, and depending on the size of the franchise is how Bm will dictate.

Last edited by a moderator:

It?s called Bmw standards. I?ve been told they have to have a demo and a one in the showroom and neither can be sold. (For a period) It?s very similar across the motor trade when a new model is released, and depending on the size of the franchise is how Bm will dictate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Was in dealer yesterday and they tried to blag an M sport for demo but not allowed....Bike is going to be ridden for first 600 miles to enable limiter removal....then test rides available from the 1st for 20 minutes each......

Dealer got 2 bikes coming 1 for demo 1 on show. Asked if it?s an M I?ll have it told by dealer they couldn?t sell it for 3 months also demo would be available from 1st June ?35 insurance and a 1 hour time slot. If I?m buying a ?20k bike I?d like more than an hour 😂

Would you want more than an hour if you were buying a ?20k Ford Focus? Most dealers don't want you out for more than 1-1.5hrs on most new models, wonder what price the ex demos will be going for....

I had 1 hour on the new 17 plate SP2 Blade...as per my comments on here at the time, it was a woefully inadequate timescale to formulate really any opinion...

By the time I got it to any bit of road I could open it up on (Glw Airport perimeter Road) I had done in 25 mins... complete waste of time... as like our Gen 4... it was also pre-release so not as if I could try a mates or whatever...

Would I buy the new Gen 4 let's say without testing it... of ******* course I would..lol..

Let's face it Renton and Alison got it spot on in Trainspotting...... That's really fuckin good... i

My two Bob's worth

Last edited:
Thing is Stu the blade was getting bad launch reports and it was their first venture into 'digital' sports road bikes, you'd have needed to be a die hard Honda fan to have got one without fully checking it out first. If / when Neevsey reappears on here we should ask him why MCN voted it sports bike of the year! The gen3 S1K is a fully proven bit of kit, the gen 4 launch reports are super positive and Hickys just won the SS NW200 on one, not exactly a high risk blind purchase in my book. Just needs high bars and a comfy dual seat and I might even consider one.... :)

Last edited:
Agreed Mac, I was being flippant with my comments as usual [emoji849]... but on a serious note.. mind I bought my HP4 having never ridden an S1k nor so much as sat on one, I didn't need to, I knew they were quality and the HP different again...I wouldn't need a test run on the Gen 4... it's going to be a cracker...from reading the comments the main appeal for me would be how quickly the engine spins up...

Seen the NW last night.... high bars and a foam seat...hmmm your catching up wi me old man lol..

Last edited:
I?ve just test ridden a V4S the other day and that was an hours test but said up to 1 1/2 hours max as they?re only insured for 1 1/2 for test rides.

I?m guessing it?s insurance that?s causing the restrictions like the Ducati.

I'm up here the now test riding the New York Deli sandwich lol... the food in here is actually very good.

How was the V4.. where did you get to on it ?
e8cd2631365b98dac954f2cfd2d783c4.jpg

Last edited:
I test rode the Gen 3 in the rain and muddy country roads in February and was sold because I didn't die haha!

I'm up here the now test riding the New York Deli sandwich lol... the food in here is actually very good.

How was the V4.. where did you get to on it ?
e8cd2631365b98dac954f2cfd2d783c4.jpg

It?s a cracking bike Stu, can?t fault it at all apart from the sound. I?m not a fan of the sound of the Ducati?s but didn?t stop me buying a 1299S or 899.
It?s mental fast, absolutely crazy and effortless, turns in quickly and is generally a great bike.
I went from Ducati and took it down the A737 down to the A760 to Largs and back again.

The only thing I?d say is it?s far too much like a 1299 which isn?t a bad thing, it just wouldn?t feel like a new bike for me having just sold my 1299S.

I?ve got a test ride on the new Ape RSV4 Factory on Tuesday which I think will be a better bike.

Back