New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So had a little chat with my dealer who has seen the new bike in the flesh. The pics we are looking at are 'not too far off' the real thing, but not exactly the same. Confirmed that the front will be symmetrical.

So had a little chat with my dealer who has seen the new bike in the flesh. The pics we are looking at are 'not too far off' the real thing, but not exactly the same. Confirmed that the front will be symmetrical.

I?ve heard exactly the same thing.

Interested to see on the RH clip on there?s the SOS button next to the kill switch. The same as current GSs have.

I personally hope TFT is an option (or redesigned massively from the current one) as I personally can?t get on with it.

Other than that, it all looks very familiar.

Oh and Alex, I can?t work out the rear shock mount setup either at the moment. But also if you look at the LHS shot, the bar doesn?t appear to be bolted in. If you look, you can see through the mount hole haha.

Last edited:
Re: 2019 bike

8215eb5b0e4469278d1de9946af4b6af.jpg

A few omissions Tim.

Looks like the front brake and clutch levers are connected via bluetooth, wonder if you can change rider modes using the Force.

Ahh well, back to Doris Day, "Que Sera Sera" :teapot:

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Re: New S1000RR spy photos?!?

Ha I noticed the lack of cables as well :)

Brake and Clutch via wireless electronic servo :)

- Alex

I reckon it's going to be like those Mercedes. You hit the brake, it decides how much pressure it needs to apply haha.

Oh and it's going to be DCT so the clutch lever is actually a parking brake.

It's all good till the lead comes off the battery as you're traversing a mountain route...no brakes...

Re: New S1000RR spy photos?!?

I like this fan made colour scheme...
Read its not official.
6019b3a3b84c56679c9a3bcc13c5e0e3.jpg

- Alex

I?m having one.
Come hell or high water one of those will be in my workshop in 2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: 2019 bike

I might be with you on that I?m only waiting to see what it rides like and also price colour and electrickery.

My opinion: this is an early spy photo and we will see a much redesigned design. BMW wants to surprise the difference between what was expected and what we'll get in reality. Waiting for Intermot

Back