New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many miles do you get out of the gen 3 S1000RR?! I get the same as my Ducati; light goes on around 100 miles and I can push 120 or so.

I'll often get 120 until the light comes on. I've had 160 with the reserve showing --!!. Not a nice place to be. This will of course result in me being called an "fanny" on the road.
TBH - after 100 miles I'm ready to get off so will just need to look for fuel then. It will still have 40 miles left "just in case" so should not be an issue.
I think the original RSV4 was almost out of fuel come 80 miles. I remember Performance Bikes just left it in the back of the van when they took a few bikes to the Alps to test them.

I'm not implying you're an .....old wobbler...:) just that 140 miles is more than I've ever managed out of a tank! I do agree that seeing a fuel light at less than 100 miles is unpractical on a road bike. I guess it's all down to superbikes becoming more and more focused and the need to keep up with the competition on the top trumps figures. The S1000RR has always been impressive at how well it can do both road and track and had a huge following because of it.

On related note; on an endurance race we go out with a full tank and usually get about 45-50mins but on a trackday I'll never have more than 5-8 litres in there since it makes a big differnce to the way the bike handles.

......or it could mean I don't slow down it the corners and keep my pace up in the higher gears (wish I thought of that before!!).

I don't buy bikes based on MPG, but I do need one to get to 100 miles before the light comes on. My Gen 3 often gets 54 mpg with just shy of 200 bhp as standard. This one MCN have has 205 bhp straight out of the box and still manages 40 mpg - all very impressive stuff.

57209348_104914863979772_1294054347885641069_n.jpg

There's no emissions test on a m/c afaik

- Alex

Correct, currently there is no emissions testing for motorcycles.
The exhaust requirement is that the silencer has a baffle and the E-mark for road type approval. The headers simply have to be intact

Last edited:
Another thing the MCN review highlighted is the RR has more power / torque pretty much everywhere over the Duke V4 - and that has a 100cc advantage.

did they dyno both bikes back-to-back ?

or did they just ride them on track in 3rd gear in wet mode ?

Last edited:
This is a road test - MCN have a bike.

MCN dyno all their bikes with Mark Brewin at BSD for a fair comparison. I think Mark knows what he's doing so will have factored in all the changes that can take place when you dyno a bike day to day.

Its in MCN this week - ?2.60 :joyous:

Last edited:
Just saw that myself
206 at the wheel is insane...before a decat...

Pinch of salt required but if they all are genuinely 200+ at the rear wheel that's awesome.

Last edited:
Back