New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know when I replaced my order in Jan that there was no-one else who had put an order in since I cancelled, so I was still 2nd regardless! Mental when some dealers have sold dozens that mine have only got a handful of orders.

Apparently their demo bike turns up at some point this month though...

I know when I replaced my order in Jan that there was no-one else who had put an order in since I cancelled, so I was still 2nd regardless! Mental when some dealers have sold dozens that mine have only got a handful of orders.

Which dealer is that? lol

It?s a disgrace if a dealer accepts a demo bike if they have customers waiting on their orders to be fulfilled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which dealer is that? lol

Pidcock Long Eaton.

It?s a disgrace if a dealer accepts a demo bike if they have customers waiting on their orders to be fulfilled

Yeah I know what you mean, they may even do that but they don't know what bike is arriving until the crate turns up apparently so hard for them to plan this ahead of time?
God knows.

Pidcock Long Eaton.

Yeah I know what you mean, they may even do that but they don't know what bike is arriving until the crate turns up apparently so hard for them to plan this ahead of time?
God knows.

Yeah be difficult to allocate a demo bike to someone if they don?t know the spec

Thanks because every buggers skint in Long Eaton..

Yeah. And nobody should be allowed to take time off, and they should all have compulsory overtime until all existing ordinary customer orders have been satisfied.

Pidcock Long Eaton.

God knows.

I find that very hard to believe unless the dealer is incompetent. Dealers track factory orders through their DMS. Its not the dark ages lol.

I didnt even know there was a bmw dealer in Long Eaton. :)

Review of the new RR on the road in MCN today. They like it as a road bike ("RR sets new standard" is the title so you get the idea) I'm sure I've read that before in mcn!!
Seems like the biggest problem is the 16.5 ltr tank and the 40 MPG they get out of it. The fuel light is on after 90 odd miles. Thats RSV4 range :-(
Will only do 140 miles before its bone dry. Why oh why did they not make the tank a tad bigger??

Last edited:
Review of the new RR on the road in MCN today. They like it as a road bike ("RR sets new standard" is the title so you get the idea) I'm sure I've read that before in mcn!!
Seems like the biggest problem is the 16.5 ltr tank and the 40 MPG they get out of it. The fuel light is on after 90 odd miles. Thats RSV4 range :-(
Will only do 140 miles before its bone dry. Why oh why did they not make the tank a tad bigger??
Because no one else is? 16.5 has been the size on a Duc for years.

With a decat I expect the mpg goes up [emoji6] man maths right there

- Alex

and this is the reason i didnt buy the rsv4 a few years ago, i wont let it stop me this time. :)

How many miles do you get out of the gen 3 S1000RR?! I get the same as my Ducati; light goes on around 100 miles and I can push 120 or so.

Back