New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dealer called me again this morning and to be honest they?ve been great and can?t fault them at all.

They?ve said that I can have my choice of demo bikes from now until my new bike arrives in September. That?s pretty decent of them.

Getting a shot of the S1000R first and I?ll see how it goes, I might try a GS and XR

Dealers are being absolutely nailed on this and it?s BMWs fault not the dealers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair points my toys aren?t out pram i?ve Just got to wait no problem with dealers I?m just saying company of BMW size should have done a better job of the PR

I think BMW marketing got ahead of production capability, simple as that, they did not anticipate the demand and cannot keep up with supply of some parts.

Hi Carson, have you handed back (traded) your RR and are left without a bike?

I just bought an XR, as well as my RR.

No mate it?s a straight sale but I did say to them that I needed it for a trip round the NC500 in July when I ordered it.
I told them that I?d be cancelling the sale if it was definitely September so they?ve come up with this plan to give me a demo bike

I think you may need to recalibrate what you think are loyal customers. 19 out of every 20 bikes bmw sell are GS/GSA, those are the loyal bmw customers. Sports bike owners are notoriously fickle, swapping to the next best thing at the drop of a hat. Bmw s1000rr order books are full well into next year, it will be the best sports bike on the market by most measures, and easily the best value for money. If you were bmw would you be bothered about a few people cancelling because they have to wait longer than originally advised?

As for arrogance, I was talking to a dealer this week who told me BMW UK are honouring any agreed px value deals on the new bike where the px has not yet been taken in due to delays. I.e. owners wont be penalised for putting miles on their px bikes beyond the original date for delivery. Thats a pretty decent goodwill gesture and its going to cost them a few ?.

I agree the delays are disappointing but this is not uncommon for a new model launch of any premium car or bike. In the past I have waited up to a year for a car to be made but didnt throw my toys out of the pram. Good things come to those who wait... hopefully :).

couldnt disagree more, so unless you own a gs/gsa you are saying you are not a loyal bmw customer?
the dealers are not the problem, BMW are, customer service should be the highest level for every customer , they have made an error in judgement that can?t be changed but the attitude of caring not if they cancel is wrong on every level of customer service.
everybodys circumstances are different as was mine, that doesn?t detract from BMW?s error or from their attitude towards their error.

I really can?t fault the customer service at East Kilbride. They?ve discounted the bike, I got it at the reduced price before the increase as well and now they?ve promised me a bike for the summer.

Just popped into the forum to see how things are going with the new RR deliveries?

I cancelled my order and got a ?19 V4s last month instead. I enjoyed my ?18RR but absolutely love this V4. Now that it?s ran in, for me it is light and day above my RR.
Is it worth the extra ? over the latest crop of 1000 cc superbikes? Yes, every penny and more, wish I had gone for the Speciale instead now!

Will the ?19 RR beat the V4s when the tests start coming through ? Probably

Would me, or anyone on here be able to ride either to anywhere near the limit? Not a fooking chance 😂

Either choice is good for most, the V4s for me especially the ?19YR that has now supposedly been sorted is in a different league.

Now for the next warm weather......

For what it?s worth I agree the dealers are not the issue, they?re busy taking orders where they?re able - why shouldn?t they? I was told they?d honour my PX value (which was part of a cracking deal from what I could see then, and still think now) regardless of the miles on my Gen 3 when I placed the order for the M Sport, and that was at the start of the year.

Although my order date remains July 6, I?m now resigned that the delivery date will be a country mile away from that - and although I think waiting longer?s going to be crap a re-read though FB mag?s launch report quickly restores my mental health, and my resolve to wait 🤔

One tangible benefit is that I?ll be able to continue to feed and clothe the kids for a bit longer plus keep their mother in the lifestyle to which she?s become accustomed 🍷🍺.

I've had **** all contact from my dealer pretty much since I ordered the bike ages ago, a bit annoyed. I'm going to call in tomorrow morning and see what they say about mine. I'll be pretty pissed if it's as late as September but there's not another bike that interests me like the RR so guess I've got to suck it up and wait.

As long as I've got it for my trip to Portimao in November then I'll be content.

I've had **** all contact from my dealer pretty much since I ordered the bike ages ago, a bit annoyed. I'm going to call in tomorrow morning and see what they say about mine. I'll be pretty pissed if it's as late as September but there's not another bike that interests me like the RR so guess I've got to suck it up and wait.

As long as I've got it for my trip to Portimao in November then I'll be content.

That was my original scenario, everyone was getting calls and messages from dealers an I had to chase mine even then to get a straight answer after reading about it on an open source forum first was the thing that annoyed me most... after being given 3 completely different delivery dates one barely this side of Christmas [emoji2957].

Also if they had have been upfront with me I would never have rushed to sell my pride and joy to make way for a bike that never came.

Anyway not that it bothers BMW, after cancelling I have my R1M and am made up with it 10 days from register interest to seeing it in the showroom. And I get a free track day with loads of extras too [emoji106]

The new S1K RR is stunning, but just not for me any more[emoji108]

Last edited:
Quick email to my dealer yesterday....says its painful telling customers that who ordered cars January that bike isn't arriving to Sept/Oct.

Any new orders be December/Jan delivery....May as well wait to March for new plate. :(

So I called in to my dealer this morning expecting the worst, but luckily not!

I originally ordered mine in October last year but cancelled to buy a used V4S as I was desperate for a new bike. That fell through so went back in Jan and re-ordered. Turns out my dealer didn't cancel my original slot so I'm still number 2 on their list and my delivery date is 15th July.
He also said that BMW are offering ?500 good will because of the cock up which is nice!

I've got a trackday booked at Donington on 25th so should be just enough time to get the first service done and then straight on track. I'd better start ordering some protection parts and a titanium Akra....

Back