New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had an email to say that mines won?t be here until September so looks like I?ll be cancelling.

September is no good to anyone in the uk, I?d be better waiting until next March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate gutted for you sorry [emoji52]... dunno what else to say other than that...

Mate gutted for you sorry [emoji52]... dunno what else to say other than that...

I don?t know what to do to be honest cause I really want it but it?s going to be next year before I can ride it in all reality.

I?m in two minds to buy an R1M but I?ll always wonder what if regarding the beemer. Should I just cancel the order and plan for March next year?

I don?t know what to do to be honest cause I really want it but it?s going to be next year before I can ride it in all reality.

I?m in two minds to buy an R1M but I?ll always wonder what if regarding the beemer. Should I just cancel the order and plan for March next year?

Do you want a bike in 2019 on a 19 plate that will do very little miles due to the winter weather or a bike on a 2020 plate?

Personally If I had the luxury to wait I probably would have and delayed the order to 2020, one to get the registration for next year and two by then any Teething problems should be nailed down [emoji1696].

Or....
97ba893af66f08faa989fe8441706c4d.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is due in September, so I?ll run it in, get it serviced/de restricted, fit the growing pile of aftermarket goodies that are building and book some tracktime at Almeria for November or December, my bike will be ready for the new season.

It was always between the beemer and the R1M but I don?t want to buy the R1M out of spite

Mine is due in September, so I?ll run it in, get it serviced/de restricted, fit the growing pile of aftermarket goodies that are building and book some tracktime at Almeria for November or December, my bike will be ready for the new season.

I?ve got Alcarras booked in October and realistically that?s the only time I?m going to get to ride it. I work month on month off as well which isn?t helping with times

Mine is saying September too.
I'm going to test ride one as close to an rsv4 factory and maybe a super Duke and decide then
If I decide on the RR I'll then have to make the same call, September or wait for a '20 plate

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I blame Ducati for all of this [emoji1787] if they?d made the V4 better looking then I?d never have looked at the beemer [emoji1787]

The original panigalle to me is the most beautiful thing on two wheels. The v4 only looks bad because of the original.
For me I don't think it's 5k better than the RR m-sport and I don't want boiled eggs every time I go out for a ride!

The original panigalle to me is the most beautiful thing on two wheels. The v4 only looks bad because of the original.
For me I don't think it's 5k better than the RR m-sport and I don't want boiled eggs every time I go out for a ride!

I agree with you. I think the RR will be a better bike.
I?m regretting selling my 1299S more than ever now but I don?t want to buy another one

I'm having the same dilemma, my dealer has 28th August on his computer for my order, I still have my 2012 model but don't really want to use it having ordered my new one and should be selling it now it's coming into peak season. I don't want to be without a bike until the new one arrives though so pondered buying the panigale instead but I honestly like the look of the BMW more and think buying the ducati would be a mistake.
I'm edging towards selling my current bike and sitting it out until the new one arrives, I'll get maybe 6 weeks at best to run the new one in and have a play but it'll be ready to go for next year..... Or do I just cancel and get one on the new reg next year🤔Arrrggghhh

It?s a headache alright.

Ducati Glasgow have a 600 mile V4S in. I?m going to have to stay away from there at all costs

It’s a headache alright.

Ducati Glasgow have a 600 mile V4S in. I’m going to have to stay away from there at all costs

staying away might be an idea, it’s each to their own of course but the v4 imo now that I have one really has no comparison to the current s1000rr the v4 is another level above, and I thought and still do think my16 s1000rr was fantastic.

I'm sure the ducati is an awesome bike but the thing that puts me off it is that I've spoken to too many people that have had the previous panigale and had lots of trouble with them and many trips to the dealer, the new v4 maybe better but having looked online at what a lot of owners say I'm not convinced.

I'm sure the ducati is an awesome bike but the thing that puts me off it is that I've spoken to too many people that have had the previous panigale and had lots of trouble with them and many trips to the dealer, the new v4 maybe better but having looked online at what a lot of owners say I'm not convinced.

I?ve just sold my 16 plate 1299S and never had one bit of bother. I?m on the Ducati forum a lot as I still have an 899 race bike and haven?t seen many complaints on there regarding the Panigales reliability

It?s a headache alright.

Ducati Glasgow have a 600 mile V4S in. I?m going to have to stay away from there at all costs

Haha it'd be hard(impossible) to resist when you're stood in front of it and the sun is shining through the showroom window, I'm staying well clear too😂

Can?t believe the arrogance of BMW they don?t seem to give a shit about loyal customers. I spoke to dealer yesterday 6 bikes ordered 4 of which now have been cancelled because of delivery dates. They don?t seem bothered

Not trying to convince anyone, just stating what I have found since owning, everyone is entitled and big enough to make their own opinions, the v4 is a hell of a machine

Can’t believe the arrogance of BMW they don’t seem to give a shit about loyal customers. I spoke to dealer yesterday 6 bikes ordered 4 of which now have been cancelled because of delivery dates. They don’t seem bothered

I think you may need to recalibrate what you think are loyal customers. 19 out of every 20 bikes bmw sell are GS/GSA, those are the loyal bmw customers. Sports bike owners are notoriously fickle, swapping to the next best thing at the drop of a hat. Bmw s1000rr order books are full well into next year, it will be the best sports bike on the market by most measures, and easily the best value for money. If you were bmw would you be bothered about a few people cancelling because they have to wait longer than originally advised?

As for arrogance, I was talking to a dealer this week who told me BMW UK are honouring any agreed px value deals on the new bike where the px has not yet been taken in due to delays. I.e. owners wont be penalised for putting miles on their px bikes beyond the original date for delivery. Thats a pretty decent goodwill gesture and its going to cost them a few ?.

I agree the delays are disappointing but this is not uncommon for a new model launch of any premium car or bike. In the past I have waited up to a year for a car to be made but didnt throw my toys out of the pram. Good things come to those who wait... hopefully :).

I think you may need to recalibrate what you think are loyal customers. 19 out of every 20 bikes bmw sell are GS/GSA, those are the loyal bmw customers. Sports bike owners are notoriously fickle, swapping to the next best thing at the drop of a hat. Bmw s1000rr order books are full well into next year, it will be the best sports bike on the market by most measures, and easily the best value for money. If you were bmw would you be bothered about a few people cancelling because they have to wait longer than originally advised?

As for arrogance, I was talking to a dealer this week who told me BMW UK are honouring any agreed px value deals on the new bike where the px has not yet been taken in due to delays. I.e. owners wont be penalised for putting miles on their px bikes beyond the original date for delivery. Thats a pretty decent goodwill gesture and its going to cost them a few ?.

I agree the delays are disappointing but this is not uncommon for a new model launch of any premium car or bike. In the past I have waited up to a year for a car to be made but didnt throw my toys out of the pram. Good things come to those who wait... hopefully :).

I am, indeed, one of those customers that have had their px value 'frozen'.
BMW have a supply problem that they cannot resolve by any means other than to delay orders. I don't know how it can be concluded 'they are not bothered'. What they can be accused of is over estimating supply/underestimating demand.

I was looking forward to a summer on a great new bike. That's been largely scuppered, but my toys are not coming out of the pram.

Back