New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree with waiting rather than sacking it in favour of something else, although there are plenty of great bikes out there - just hope the M?s going to be worth it. Moto GP type slip on along with M Sport rear sets and levers are on my list.

The only thing that sounds like a step back from what I?ve read is the initial brake feel compared to the Gen 3, I?m a definite believer in a big bit of early bite like the 3 has, going to miss that and may have to swap pads to try to regain some back. Hoping the new one?s going to be less well damped for road riding as the 3?s like a pogo stick with my 10 stones on board - ok on track though!
Sounds silly (or not) but I've had a bit of an issue with the front brakes biting too hard. My previous gen 2 had great brakes with a good bite buts this one's was too good, to the point it had locked the front in the dry a few times. It wasn't till I noticed the previous owner had the compression setting on 3 that I realised it was nose diving. I've put it up to 7 and it now feels so much better and the initial bite doesn't feel so snatchy. Would the compression setting have that much effect on the brakes?

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

I need to call in to my dealer and see what their system says for mine, fingers crossed for an early June still being on track. I'm desperate to get it!

Got my date 21st Aug I was 2nd on list at dealers the lad who was 1st gets his 1 month earlier on 21st July. Just got to wait not a bad thing as I'm off to Germany middle of July plus want to wait and see what Austin Racing come out with
Really?? The first order the dealer took is now delayed almost a further two months (from beginning of June). And they only get one bike?? You have to wait a whole month for the second bike?? I'm number 20 on my dealers list - that puts me back to March 2021 at that rate!

Just what dealer told me he said that date could come forward or back. Dealers apparently still getting demos ready for June 1st they were originally getting 2 been knocked back to 1 due to customer needs. All in all it?s been an absolute pan shite from start to finish if the finish ever comes

Great write up, thanks Ry.

BTW I got my 'tentative' delivery date as well today, looks like week 35 for me. almost a year since I put my order in.

Last edited:
Reading that piece Ryan linked to;

"Marzocchi replaces Ohlins as its suspension partner."

LOL - they meant Sachs.

Interesting that Bosch are replaced by Continental for the ABS.

Bosch, Sachs, Brembo replaced by Continental, Marzocchi and Hayes.

Last edited:
Saw this on the .com forum.

Old position in pink
New in grey
f19ecb0f62c5304fb82a6c907de5a0a9.jpg

- Alex

I really do not understand the stupid "2020" in the USA since they are produced and will be delivered in 2019.

Are they referring to it as a 2020 bike because the current model ran into 2019?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had an email to say that mines won?t be here until September so looks like I?ll be cancelling.

September is no good to anyone in the uk, I?d be better waiting until next March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back