New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dealer has received official confirmation today,my bike is due August(week 32/34).

When did you order and which version (M Sport?)

My dealer was supposed to know today but now they're saying Monday. The suspense is killing me!

T

When did you order it mate? What date were you quoted when you put your deposit down?

When mine was ordered and when it was expected is irrelevant.IMO,due to underestimated demand,BMW are trying to supply the global market.Unfortunately,this also means that supplies to each country will be limited so,likewise,dealer allocations will be limited.

I placed my deposit last year,based on previous orders it was assumed delivery would be March/April.Nothing was written in stone.
I am not interested in who,at my dealer, placed their order before me(Rys1000rr placed his about 3 years ago-so he should be first!)but that's when mine is coming.
Speak to your dealer but ,due to allocations,if there were several orders before yours,you may be unlucky.

When mine was ordered and when it was expected is irrelevant.IMO,due to underestimated demand,BMW are trying to supply the global market.Unfortunately,this also means that supplies to each country will be limited so,likewise,dealer allocations will be limited.

I placed my deposit last year,based on previous orders it was assumed delivery would be March/April.Nothing was written in stone.
I am not interested in who,at my dealer, placed their order before me(Rys1000rr placed his about 3 years ago-so he should be first!)but that's when mine is coming.
Speak to your dealer but ,due to allocations,if there were several orders before yours,you may be unlucky.

Placed my order in October. I think I was the second or third to order at a fairly big dealer. I was originally told March/April then was revised to June. I?m hoping that remains the case.

Placed my order in October. I think I was the second or third to order at a fairly big dealer. I was originally told March/April then was revised to June. I’m hoping that remains the case.

Yeah,in theory you should be ok-certainly August anyway.
I know my dealer was moaning because they have to have a demo bike whilst telling someone they can't have theirs 'til Feb 2020!

Placed my order in October. I think I was the second or third to order at a fairly big dealer. I was originally told March/April then was revised to June. I’m hoping that remains the case.

I’m down for one of the first dealer allocated bikes at AJ. I was given March/April and then revised to June like you. Last comms with the dealer last week was still June delivery. If the date moves much I will be looking elsewhere for what to ride for the season here until it shows up. Really missed having a rocket last summer, never again.

S
Yeah,in theory you should be ok-certainly August anyway.
I know my dealer was moaning because they have to have a demo bike whilst telling someone they can't have theirs 'til Feb 2020!

Thats pretty poor from BMW. Though it doesn?t surprise me.

Gutted to see Russian & Malaysian dealers posting unboxing videos on YouTube already. I though the U.K. was meant to be a high priority market for BMW?

I’m down for one of the first dealer allocated bikes at AJ. I was given March/April and then revised to June like you. Last comms with the dealer last week was still June delivery. If the date moves much I will be looking elsewhere for what to ride for the season here until it shows up. Really missed having a rocket last summer, never again.

Yeah, I was recently told I was still on for June but have now been told that BMW have stopped confirming June dates and “nothing is guaranteed” ��

Dates from BMW have been changed again. My Sport is now scheduled for 23rd June.

Yeah, that was the date I was given at the beginning of last week.

Guess what... I?ve been told today that it?s going to be August! Absolute sh*t show this launch.

The dealers have been told that BMW massively underestimated the volume of orders and split of orders between Sport and M Sport. They don?t have the capacity to keep up with production of carbon wheels, so if you?re getting standard or forged wheels, you might be ok.

Also been told that the dealer will no longer be able to honour my trade in value of my current S1000RR because the extra mileage.

I feel for the dealers taking the brunt of this. Still, if you?re in Russia or Malaysia, you?ll have your bike this month. FFS.

Presume that's Sport and not M Sport?

How long ago did you place your order?

Carbon wheel production capacity is the issue apparently so Sports might be ok, not so much M Sport. I’m now being told my bike is delayed until August.

Yeah, that was the date I was given at the beginning of last week.

Guess what... I’ve been told today that it’s going to be August! Absolute sh*t show this launch.

The dealers have been told that BMW massively underestimated the volume of orders and split of orders between Sport and M Sport. They don’t have the capacity to keep up with production of carbon wheels, so if you’re getting standard or forged wheels, you might be ok.

Also been told that the dealer will no longer be able to honour my trade in value of my current S1000RR because the extra mileage.

I feel for the dealers taking the brunt of this. Still, if you’re in Russia or Malaysia, you’ll have your bike this month. FFS.

I've just had an email from my dealer. My Sport (not M Sport) with Forged wheels has been put back until mid-September.

Not pleased, but I was expecting worse!

I've just had an email from my dealer. My Sport (not M Sport) with Forged wheels has been put back until mid-September.

Not pleased, but I was expecting worse!

That?s mad considering the official reason for delays is the lack of capacity for production of carbon wheels.

Although they are quoting ?unprecedented levels of orders? as part of it.

Back