New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tyco
283629e236d205b421914d1c775af702.jpg

- Alex
I'm in love!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

yes i will get my deposit back, would i have sold my bike for trade price if i new the BMW was coming in December, No.
I would have kept it. I'm sure i will get my trade price deposit back but i would rather still have my really mint bike over this years biking season. I dont want a replacement bike. All i want is the money they sold it for. Why should i be out of pocket from they're balls up. I have a new V4 Panigale already but that has nothing to do with the BMW dealer. I dont think I'm being unreasonable.

I don't think you will get anywhere.It was your choice to sell your bike for an agreed sum,you were not coerced into it by the dealer.
You could have advertised it privately yourself,but chose not to.
You could(depending on your dealer)have arranged for the dealer to sell it for you on a sale or return basis.

The Tyco bike is looking awesome, I'm looking forward to seeing Hickmans bike.

yes i will get my deposit back, would i have sold my bike for trade price if i new the BMW was coming in December, No.
I would have kept it. I'm sure i will get my trade price deposit back but i would rather still have my really mint bike over this years biking season. I dont want a replacement bike. All i want is the money they sold it for. Why should i be out of pocket from they're balls up. I have a new V4 Panigale already but that has nothing to do with the BMW dealer. I dont think I'm being unreasonable.

When you say the money they sold it for do you mean your part exchange price (which personally I think is fair) or the actual price that they sold it for? If its the latter I do not think that will happen as they would have had to put the bike through the workshop, warranty the bike, add in taxes overhead etc, this all adds up I don't think dealers make massive profits on the used bike market when you take everything into consideration.

Yes, an agreed sum for an agreed date. So they breeched the contract by failing on the agreed date.

Yes, an agreed sum for an agreed date. So they breeched the contract by failing on the agreed date.

I can?t see the dealer giving you the price they sold it for, just your trade in price which to me is fair after all you cancelled the order albeit due to delays, regardless or reasons for cancelling I would imagine they are only legally obliged to refund you the agreed trade in value.

i do think they should give you the private retail price for your bike as this is what you could have got for it yourself. i dont think they need to give you the dealer retail even though you've been messed around. im sure a medium compromise is fairest. so if they offered you the same in px as you could have got privately then i cant see a problem. :)

My dealer said on Monday "BMW have confirmed some of our deliveries for June but will update us on all of our orders by the end of the week".

I'm expecting bad news :-(

Troy Corser has his 30 or so arrive the other day for his training academy. [emoji2359][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bike promotions BMW experience had a fleet of about 100, black grey '17's before I got mine in March! I expect they have the same order in for the '19...

- Alex

Bike promotions BMW experience had a fleet of about 100, black grey '17's before I got mine in March! I expect they have the same order in for the '19...

- Alex

I guess if you?re ordering 100 bikes you?d expect priority [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have any of you guys seen the unboxing of the new M Sport at a Russian BMW dealership posted on YouTube last week? How on earth are Russian bikes being delivered in April but nothing in the U.K. until June??

Back