New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None of the BMW M accessories are available yet.

God help me from the missus when they do become available.

I did enquire about the GPS datalogger when j was in and they said it was only showing up to the 2018 bikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the M Sport comes with adjustable rear sets?
The ones I?ve seen on videos are adjustable with carbon heel plates but might be an extra?

No mate they are on the extras list along with the carbon pack. When I was asking the dealer said they didn?t know what prices were yet and will expect all that information at the release of the bike.

No mate they are on the extras list along with the carbon pack. When I was asking the dealer said they didn?t know what prices were yet and will expect all that information at the release of the bike.

Better starting saving some pennies [emoji1787]

When I was in dealers this week and was talking to sales guy about new bike release he said they have stopped quoting dates as they are unsure on supply chain etc and delivery times I don?t think he was impressed with the way it?s been handled I could imagine there sales bonus being hit hard

Well its been exactly one week sinced i cancelled mine and i have heard nothing from BMW. They sold my 2016 S1000RR sport with 6k miles that i traded and ive heard nothing. I have bought 3 BMW's over the past 4 years. I wonder if i will have another now.

So if they've heard nothing they can't do anything.

If I was your dealer I would be trying to convince you to get something else in the interim.

they have said nothing, thats the problem. waiting on the official info.

I would be looking at citizens advice or even a solicitor consultation just to see where you stand fella...

Not saying escalate or telling you to throw money out on an expensive solicitor, but personally I would get qualified advice to find out your options and be armed for the worst case scenario.

Problem is your situation is a lot different to most if not all of us that cancelled, and if I was trading a bike in I would have probably done the same so as not to risk damaging or writing off my deposit. (I mean I sold mine in preparation three weeks ago...).

Anyway hopefully it doesn?t get any messier for you.

Good luck with it and let us know how it goes...[emoji1696]

Well its been exactly one week sinced i cancelled mine and i have heard nothing from BMW. They sold my 2016 S1000RR sport with 6k miles that i traded and ive heard nothing. I have bought 3 BMW's over the past 4 years. I wonder if i will have another now.

Not quite sure why you would expect to hear anything as you've cancelled your order? Dealers are only interested in shifting bikes, they won't be in contact as you're no longer a buyer, I wouldn't hold it against them as most dealers would be the same. Why not go and test ride some other bikes?

Not quite sure why you would expect to hear anything as you've cancelled your order? Dealers are only interested in shifting bikes, they won't be in contact as you're no longer a buyer, I wouldn't hold it against them as most dealers would be the same. Why not go and test ride some other bikes?

I think what he is bothered about is, he has lost his bike in the deal as they took as trade and sold making a believed profit which he is left with nothing now.

Correct me if I am wrong?

If you traded your bike there will be a deposit value on the sales contract. You have canceled your order so you would be entitled to that deposit amount back. It?s that simple from what I can deduce.

How I see it if you got a trade in price which will be below retail and do not get different bike then you are seriously out of pocket because you don?t have a bike and to buy the same bike back you will have to pay dealer mark up, however if you are getting a newer bike then your probably no worse off really as the original trade in money will be refunded and you can use that for a new bike. If you wanted to have a like for like bike I would imagine BMW should try and oblige and source you from there stock an acceptable replacement that you are happy with and which should not incur a financial penalty on your behalf.

yes i will get my deposit back, would i have sold my bike for trade price if i new the BMW was coming in December, No.
I would have kept it. I'm sure i will get my trade price deposit back but i would rather still have my really mint bike over this years biking season. I dont want a replacement bike. All i want is the money they sold it for. Why should i be out of pocket from they're balls up. I have a new V4 Panigale already but that has nothing to do with the BMW dealer. I dont think I'm being unreasonable.

Tyco
283629e236d205b421914d1c775af702.jpg

- Alex

Back