New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 2019 New Model

My deposit has been down for two months now and if it looks anything like the images I will be more than content. If it?s physically smaller than the outgoing model, which looks to be the case, then even better. To be honest I don?t really care what it looks like so long as it goes around a track quickly!
Man of your means should be on an HP4-Race surely ;)

- Alex

Re: 2019 New Model

My deposit has been down for two months now and if it looks anything like the images I will be more than content. If it’s physically smaller than the outgoing model, which looks to be the case, then even better. To be honest I don’t really care what it looks like so long as it goes around a track quickly!

Agree. If you want pretty, try another brand.
What's better, an Italian girlfriend or a German wife?
I've had PITA girlfriends over the years and I'm keeping 'mit meiner f?higen deutschen Frau'.

HP4 Race

I would have loved to have bought a HP4 Race but the better half exercised the family veto!

Re: 2019 bike

Looks classic BMW to me. None of us got the Gen 1/2/3 for it?s looks did we? IMO, it?ll be fine in the flesh with a few mods (de-catted, pegs and tail tidy). HP4 race already looking a bit dated, lol.
Now then, what colour shall I choose...

i love the looks mind you my mrs says i am weird

Notice the Bmw sat-nav thumbwheel control thing on the left bar? Nah - Unless that's to adjust things like the warp drive and the wormhole generator I can't see it. Maybe it'll be the interface into the new tft screen and computer controls, but it looks a bit 'Tourie' for a race bike.

Thumbwheel confirmed it for me. Plus the indent in the fairing for the BMW roundel and the amount of thought that's gone into hiding that piece of sh*t exhaust system. I'll wager a packet of peanuts that this is it...

Notice the Bmw sat-nav thumbwheel control thing on the left bar? Nah - Unless that's to adjust things like the warp drive and the wormhole generator I can't see it. Maybe it'll be the interface into the new tft screen and computer controls, but it looks a bit 'Tourie' for a race bike.

Yes that does worry me. The trend which started with the gen 3 in 2015 was to make the bike more of an all rounder, which is fine unless you are after a track toy, in which case you are paying for a lot of electronics and extra weight that is surplus to requirements and more stuff to go wrong.

If it is 'tourie' then I will likely go for a decent 16 ish bike track prepared instead. They are starting to show up now the season is ending for not big money.

Its not an instant like if thats really it but I don't mind it, looks a bit R1'ish. I think it will be a shame to loose the lazy eye I think that gave the bike character.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I think that after the bike has overgrown with details and a decent coloring - in reality it will look very good

Apart from the disastrous cat I think it looks good - you can see where weight's been saved

By the looks of it I might be right about weight... I think it looks nice.

It will be immense, BMW know what they have to do to achieve with this thing and seem to be the last showing their cards.

I just hope it doesn't affect HP4 prices.

Last edited:

I quite like it to be honest.
\interested to see how it turns out, I want to get another bike along side my gen 1 which will become a track bike so interested to know if I'll go for one of these, a gen3 or a 1299S.

I've got to a laptop and have had a look at the pics. I'm going to point out what I and others have already noted. Some of it is obvious...
I've not numbered them but I'm sure you're all able to see why I am talking about. Generally I go top left to bottom right.

2019_fandr_1.jpg
Front and Rear picture.
Front:
1. Mirror w/integrated indicators
2. Intake 'Y' appears blocked...rendering issue?
3. Under nose, there's a lot of openings which could be just triple t related or additional air guides. The finished article may well be covered, as it is currently. I am wondering if these features (2&3) are linked though.
4. Symmetric light units. Lighter, yet to know the light tech, I expect LED.

Rear:
1. Is that a LOCK on the rear? So it is not built into the seat/cowl going forwards?
2. The pillion pegs bold in vertically, from below, into the TRELLIS sub-frame.
3. Exhaust is bigger bore and overall stubbier than the 2017.

2019_lhs_1.jpg

Left Hand Side 1
1. There's something going on with this chassis point, where the bung goes. Tempted to suggest there's adjustablility built in for race teams. I believe the RSV4 can be adjusted similarly (engine position).
2. The Trellis sub frame holds within it a huge box, ABS is in there, for sure, and the battery, but it looks bigger than the previous one. I wonder if the outwardly similar fuel tank actually now stretches into this box, lowering the CoG, moving some weight beackwards.
3. There's an engine case saver on it from the factory?!
4. Still possible to Road or Race Shift with a bolt change.
5. That swingarm, it's like the R1's (and the WSBK Suter-made) in style coming under the chain and not over it. But it's slimmer, I would guess that it's nearly half the weight of previous one.
Umarked, the seat appears to slope up at the front, helping the rider stay in place for more comfortable cruising and more support in braking. The slope upwards at the back should provide good acceleration support.

2019_lhs_2.jpg
Left Hand Side 2
1. The frame is very different, sloping down from the head stock far more than before. Making the gap from the tank to the frame much larger than before.
2. The frame is much beefier where the engine is attached at the front. A tweak to ridgity in this area.
3. The triangle at the back appears to be the shock pickup, which has allowed them to mount the shock vertically. Don't know enough about suspension kinematics but I can only assume this is more optimal than previously.
4. I wonder if the swingarm point is adjustable...

2019_rhs_1.jpg
Right Hand Side
1. Tiny rear section, echo'ing current fashion.
2. As noted pillion pegs mount from below.
3. Can anyone explain this shock mounting? Will this piece have another hidden mounting point?
4. Rearsets mount side onto the frame. No idea if this is just for style, or seen as optimal for forces.
5. Looks like the exhaust will have a single exit where the slip-on comes off, making replacements easier than the 17/18. The mini exhaust effectively gets bypassed once the flap opens for the larger pipe. That pipe looks to be a larger bore than ever before.
6. The wheels look to have had serious weight loss.
7. Mirror/indicator as mentioned.
8. Strange opening on the RHS only, by the plaque holder. Specific cooling? View port?
9. Engine bolt used for crash bungs appears to be obscured...hopefully not. Do you think the gills look body coloured or more like the ABS belly pan, if they were the black ABS then maybe they are removable (I doubt it).
10. New front mud guard, opening to reduce air pressure, aero improvement.
11. That is NOT a P4 caliper, in the picture, the default calipers are changing IMO.

2019_top_1.jpg
Top and Bottom view.
1. That is a new dash, TFT/LCD.
2. BMW Multi-Function Wheel on LHS Switch Gear. Needed to control the new dash.
3. DDC is as before, LH Fork adapts and the preloading is on the passive fork.
4. The tank design is finally different...there's a cosmetic crease in the top. I think the tank is reprofiled where your thigh hits the tank in a turn. I need to look at the current one to confirm.
5/6. The fuel tank flap, the pegs and the bar grips/ends all look to be carry over parts.

Overall impressions;
1. Mass at the rear extremities is heavily reduced. The Trellis frame which is also stubbier. The Swingarm as noted is visibly reduced in bulk.
2. I think the frame changes have allowed them to change the positioning of the fuel the new 'tank' could just be a skin with the actually fuel much lower than before.
3. The engine is all new, not one piece is in the same location as before. So it's a clean sheet. I am expeting 215ps at the crank.
4. Carrying luggage may need a rethink.
5. Carrying a pillon may be harder.
6. I think ergonomically it will be no worse.
7. It will look better in the flesh.

Last edited:

the best thing i can see so far is the indicators in the front mirrors, bet this will be the only thing that changes when its produced. lol
Tell me you are kidding about those indicator/mirrors R25 ?......I hated them, they were on my RR9 Blade and I'm sure my mates got them on his gixxer too they are so cheesy...arghhhhh...

Looking at that mock up.. not sure what I was sort of expecting, but it does nothing for me..b and w or not it looks benign...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This thread is now a Sticky and is the definitive Forum source for all rumour, gossip and intrigue regarding the new 2019 BMW S1000RR...

Back