New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I said on the other thread,I believe the launch is still set for June and bikes will start filtering in.However,due to global demand,the allocations may be affected.
If you ordered last May,I really fail to see why they told you 2020!

Luckily for me,I'm "a glass half full rather than half empty" person-but,the glass could break,I suppose.

As I said on the other thread,I believe the launch is still set for June and bikes will start filtering in.However,due to global demand,the allocations may be affected.
If you ordered last May,I really fail to see why they told you 2020!

Luckily for me,I'm "a glass half full rather than half empty" person-but,the glass could break,I suppose.

Yes Baz, hope you are correct and you will receive your bike in an acceptable time frame.

I was initially told April, May, June, July 2019 (when the ordering system went live) now it?s eta Jan 2020. I?m sure it will be before that but I cannot believe BMW do not know the production runs in their factory?

I like BMW vehicles and have always had and do have great service, the RR will be fantastic, enjoy yours:friendly_wink:

Chaps, just to be clear regarding refunds of deposits, as many of you will already have experienced, you will get your deposit back without argument. Consumer law says that if the delivery date gets moved beyond the agreed original date by the seller the contract can be voided by the buyer if he/she does
not accept the new date, without further recourse.

Chaps, just to be clear regarding refunds of deposits, as many of you will already have experienced, you will get your deposit back without argument. Consumer law says that if the delivery date gets moved beyond the agreed original date by the seller the contract can be voided by the buyer if he/she does
not accept the new date, without further recourse.

yip 100%, I got my deposit back without issue

Daz

Sorry for the big uploads Andy, I felt this was useful tho.
Observations of an amateur:
In the flesh it looks longer and lower than the Gen3, it's also really pretty. I'm not being biased here. I think the Gen3 isn't great from a few angles, I used to much prefer the R1 and Panigale, but no more. This one is a beauty.
I fit on it FFS! Bum and pegs are higher than the stock Gen 3, but have the same relative position (feels similar for long-ass me in armoured jeans anyhoo).
It feels noticeably lighter. Probably no fuel and I think the steering damper was disconnected (coz the steering was super light, more like a cycle...shiny floor?, dunno), but definitely felt less substantial. Can't put my finger on it, but I was super excited though.

Sorry for the big uploads Andy, I felt this was useful tho.
Observations of an amateur:
In the flesh it looks longer and lower than the Gen3, it's also really pretty. I'm not being biased here. I think the Gen3 isn't great from a few angles, I used to much prefer the R1 and Panigale, but no more. This one is a beauty.
I fit on it FFS! Bum and pegs are higher than the stock Gen 3, but have the same relative position (feels similar for long-ass me in armoured jeans anyhoo).
It feels noticeably lighter. Probably no fuel and I think the steering damper was disconnected (coz the steering was super light, more like a cycle...shiny floor?, dunno), but definitely felt less substantial. Can't put my finger on it, but I was super excited though.

Looks awesome in red, better than motorsport in my opinion(in photos at least).
This may have been asked before, but does anyone know why some of the red bikes have gold forks and some black?

The exhaust is such an abortion, I don't understand why they can't do a better job of making it look reasonable.

The end can looks decent for a stock item I think. The majority will replace the cat anyway but with that can I reckon you could get away with just a link pipe if you wanted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the M Sport comes with adjustable rear sets?
The ones I?ve seen on videos are adjustable with carbon heel plates but might be an extra?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back