New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder what?s causing the delay on the bikes. Probably them carbon wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder what?s causing the delay on the bikes. Probably them carbon wheels

I think someone made a good point that this would delay only M-Sports. We're not hearing of any split yet so maybe we can't assume carbon supply.
Could be any number of common parts.

- Alex

I think someone made a good point that this would delay only M-Sports. We're not hearing of any split yet so maybe we can't assume carbon supply.
Could be any number of common parts.

- Alex

I was told if I ordered a basic RR or Sport RR i could have by aug my M-sport December so maybe there is something in the Carbon wheels causing the delays however there seems to be issues with the other models too but not pushed back that far.

My last comment on this thread so might be longish.
i had ordered a red sport with all options and the date for delivery changed 3 times the most recent change to 27th October. So whether the M or sport appears not difference.
i cancelled and am picking up my new V4 next Friday, I wasn?t going to be without a bike for the full season.
my dealer I cannot fault they were fantastic, offered everything they could to help it?s BMW that have caused the problem and the dealers are getting slaughtered by the customer because of it.
i won?t be back on a BMW due to their obvious incompetence and their attitude which was ?if he cancels his order he cancels someone else will buy it?
that to me is an absolute disgrace.
the next part to that is BMW have issued no reason for the delay they are saying nothing, not even to the dealers.

its a shame as I wanted one but the nonsense and attitude of BMW means I won?t ever buy a bmw again

Daz

Ps.
i do really hope it changes and everyone gets their bikes at a decent time of the year but bmw have lost this customer and I am sure I am one of many

Last edited:
Daz, totally understand your position bud. I am now seriously considering cancelling my pre order (put deposit last May) as it now looks I will not get my M Sport this year as BMW UK can now only tell me 2020 delivery. Speaking to a friend who works at a BMW dealership they are also concerned with not only customers not getting their bikes but effectively those dealers may lose customers for up to 3 years if customers tie themselves into, for example, a 3 year PCP with another brand.

It’s a shame BMW are not forthcoming with the supply issue. I would wait if they could give me a definitive date for collection.

Enjoy your V4, something I am looking at too.

For those interested, there is a very good 6-page review of the new S1000RR M Sport in the latest (May 2019) issue of Bike Magazine.

For those interested, there is a very good 6-page review of the new S1000RR M Sport in the latest (May 2019) issue of Bike Magazine.

Fast Bikes is also very good.In fact,he couldn't find anything wrong with it,and he got some dry laps.

He also said the brakes were awesome.

Daz, totally understand your position bud. I am now seriously considering cancelling my pre order (put deposit last May) as it now looks I will not get my M Sport this year as BMW UK can now only tell me 2020 delivery. Speaking to a friend who works at a BMW dealership they are also concerned with not only customers not getting their bikes but effectively those dealers may lose customers for up to 3 years if customers tie themselves into, for example, a 3 year PCP with another brand.

It?s a shame BMW are not forthcoming with the supply issue. I would wait if they could give me a definitive date for collection.

Enjoy your V4, something I am looking at too.

Will you be able to get your deposit back ?

Fast Bikes is also very good.In fact,he couldn't find anything wrong with it,and he got some dry laps.

He also said the brakes were awesome.

Yep it?s got a good review. Just seen some clips of the tyco boys on the new machine kitted with Fancy ohlins n big brembo brakes [emoji41]

im now starting to feel a little sorry for the BMW dealerships. there not only getting it in the neck but also not going to be making any money out of sports bikes for most of this year.

Yes bud, I will receive my deposit back.

My dealer has confirmed what BMW UK stated that my order is now showing Jan 2020 ( from the confirmed July 2019.) I have cancelled my order.

Absolutely and as my friend who works at a dealership said - not only will the customers not get their bikes(as it stands) we may lose those customers to other brands for possibly 3 years if taken on PCP etc?

Will you be able to get your deposit back ?

I got my deposit back today. I know they say it?s non refundable but there is two ways to look at this.

Firstly if you payed a deposit it?s based on a product you have not seen and can not be held to legally.

Secondly in the small print if they are late in delivery you are required to request they satisfy delivery within a set period can?t remember of the top of my head (will be in small print on your sales agreement), however if this cannot be satisfied then you are entitled to your money back regardless.

I got my deposit back today. I know they say it?s non refundable but there is two ways to look at this.

Firstly if you payed a deposit it?s based on a product you have not seen and can not be held to legally.

Secondly in the small print if they are late in delivery you are required to request they satisfy delivery within a set period can?t remember of the top of my head (will be in small print on your sales agreement), however if this cannot be satisfied then you are entitled to your money back regardless.

100% correct in saying that any dealer can?t keep a deposit on a bike that you haven?t seen in person. So if you pay a deposit on a bike then go and view it you?re entitled to your deposit back for any reason.

Yes bud, I will receive my deposit back.

My dealer has confirmed what BMW UK stated that my order is now showing Jan 2020 ( from the confirmed July 2019.) I have cancelled my order.

I think you'll be sorry,there is so much mis-information and speculation from dealers.I have every confidence all will be revealed soon.

Still,the more people that cancel,the more likely it is that I'll get mine.So,thankyou for cancelling yours!

My dealer has just emailed me with the following statement from BMW to them..

'As previously advised, the new model will be launched in the UK on June 1 but in significantly reduced numbers. We do however expect many of the existing firm customers orders to be fulfilled by the end of August'.

Decisions, decisions...

I think you'll be sorry,there is so much mis-information and speculation from dealers.I have every confidence all will be revealed soon.

Still,the more people that cancel,the more likely it is that I'll get mine.So,thankyou for cancelling yours!

Totally agree mate, I just needed a reasonable confirmed date and no can now give that to me. Yes, at least my order will be available to another customer.

IMO, it will be a an absolutely gem of a bike and hopefully those customer will receive theirs within an acceptable time frame.

Back