New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only comes in one colour lol so V4, should hopefully have it at the weekend if I can manage to get up for it, if not will be next week

Went over to my dealer this morning and they showed me my order confirming a delivery date of 26th June at the dealer. They said they’ve heard nothing from bmw about delays but they did say that they’re aware of the rumours going around.
I’ve been offered a full refund should I wish to cancel but at the minute I’ve no reason to cancel. All they said is the delivery date is subject to change. They confirmed that they’ve had one cancellation already.

I made made an enquiry in the accessories available for it but there’s nothing on the system yet which isn’t a surprise considering the bikes aren’t even here.
im looking for a data logger and exhaust for it if I can.

Went over to my dealer this morning and they showed me my order confirming a delivery date of 26th June at the dealer. They said they?ve heard nothing from bmw about delays but they did say that they?re aware of the rumours going around.
I?ve been offered a full refund should I wish to cancel but at the minute I?ve no reason to cancel. All they said is the delivery date is subject to change. They confirmed that they?ve had one cancellation already.

I made made an enquiry in the accessories available for it but there?s nothing on the system yet which isn?t a surprise considering the bikes aren?t even here.
im looking for a data logger and exhaust for it if I can.

Got my fingers crossed for you matey, genuinely hope it works out for you [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my fingers crossed for you matey, genuinely hope it works out for you [emoji1303]

It?s not my only bike so I won?t be stranded if it?s delayed, it would just be nice to have it to do the North Coast 500 on and I?ve booked Alcarras for October which would also be nice.

However if the Beemer is delayed until the end of the year and I hear that there?s a new R1M coming out in the spring then I will cancel and get a new R1M

It?s not my only bike so I won?t be stranded if it?s delayed, it would just be nice to have it to do the North Coast 500 on and I?ve booked Alcarras for October which would also be nice.

Awesome, yeah I would have done same if hadn?t sold the R6 [emoji12].

However if the Beemer is delayed until the end of the year and I hear that there’s a new R1M coming out in the spring then I will cancel and get a new R1M

There is a lot of rumours about this and a seamless gearbox... Not sure what truth is in it and know I have spoken to a number of people in various positions at a number of dealers, who know nothing about it and closest answer I got was every model of the R1 has slight improvements on the previous year, there is no plan in place to update the R1M officially. This is not to say however that there will not be.

Going a little off topic and probably bordering in the wrong forum all together never mind thread lol.

BMW UK previously informed me July delivery for my M Sport, checked again today, system now saying no production date until Jan 2020. Dealer still informing me July.����

BMW UK previously informed me July delivery for my M Sport, checked again today, system now saying no production date until Jan 2020. Dealer still informing me July.����

Quite simply,the dealers haven't got a clue,and BMW UK haven't got a clue either(or if they have-they're not telling).

Where have you seen oil coming out of the bikes on launch videos?

Think he is on about the cement dust on track, that could be from anything, there could have been a track day the day previous or someone binned a bike...

Speculative, don?t think I have ever done a track day where there hasn?t been cement dust out before the first group has even got out on track.

I checked with my dealer today, he said my bike is still showing as on track for June. His words:

'some of the RR sports have gone back but the M sport as far as we know hasn't been affected'

I checked with my dealer today, he said my bike is still showing as on track for June. His words:

'some of the RR sports have gone back but the M sport as far as we know hasn't been affected'

Funny that one I got told if I ordered a base RR or a sport RR then I would have by August, The M-Sport was my order and last date I got before cancelling, was 12 December. As much as I love the look of the bike and think it will be an absolute weapon and worth the wait I just am not in a position to wait.

Funny that one I got told if I ordered a base RR or a sport RR then I would have by August, The M-Sport was my order and last date I got before cancelling, was 12 December. As much as I love the look of the bike and think it will be an absolute weapon and worth the wait I just am not in a position to wait.

Just proves the point someone above says that no one knows!
I'm going to let it play out a bit longer and see if we can get a proper answer from BMW before I make any rash decisions. I do have my gen1 still so not bikeless but I am desperate for something new.

i noticed on the launch videos there was an awfull lot of oil being leaked was that off the bm? cement dust all over

Think he is on about the cement dust on track, that could be from anything, there could have been a track day the day previous or someone binned a bike...

Speculative, don’t think I have ever done a track day where there hasn’t been cement dust out before the first group has even got out on track.

Yes it could be from anything I agree, but that is not what was posted. So unless that post can be substantiated it is a statement open to libel and defamation, and cannot be on this forum.

Fair point, was not defending was more answering that just because there is cement dust on track does not mean there is a leak, chances are the organisers were airing on the side of caution knowing that they had about 250k with of machinery to potentially lose. slightest hint of something on track or any known spots would have been treated regardless.

Fair point, was not defending was more answering that just because there is cement dust on track does not mean there is a leak, chances are the organisers were airing on the side of caution knowing that they had about 250k with of machinery to potentially lose. slightest hint of something on track or any known spots would have been treated regardless.

100% agree with you. I wil give it a reasonable time to hear from the author or they are both gone.

Last edited:

Wonder if BMW UK system correlates with what your dealer says?

Ok, bored of your shit and your shit attitude to the bikes on this forum. Go be a twat somewhere else. Bye.

Back