New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The manager I spoke to said the parts supply issues were due to much higher demand for the new bike than anticipated, this wouldn't explain why a certain amount of new bikes weren't going out on time though[emoji848]

All I know is when I pre ordered my dealer had an order in for twenty already which when I payed my deposit (start of Feb) my name was put down against(?1000 non refundable, will see about that one) anyway I should have one of the twenty the dealership ordered as soon as the order opened. But that?s now not starting to be built till September at best....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I know is when I pre ordered my dealer had an order in for twenty already which when I payed my deposit (start of Feb) my name was put down against(?1000 non refundable, will see about that one) anyway I should have one of the twenty the dealership ordered as soon as the order opened. But that’s now not starting to be built till September at best....

I ordered at the start of Feb and was the 2nd person at the dealer. It's funny the stories we all get told as they said to me they couldn't order bikes until they had a confirmed customer, so the fact your dealer ordered 20 means one of them has lied?!

All I know is when I pre ordered my dealer had an order in for twenty already which when I payed my deposit (start of Feb) my name was put down against(?1000 non refundable, will see about that one) anyway I should have one of the twenty the dealership ordered as soon as the order opened. But that?s now not starting to be built till September at best....

It all sounds a right mess, especially for people that have already traded in bikes which have since been sold....i got offered my deposit back straight away so that shouldn't be a problem but I'm just going to hang fire for now.

It all sounds a right mess, especially for people that have already traded in bikes which have since been sold....i got offered my deposit back straight away so that shouldn't be a problem but I'm just going to hang fire for now.

I have not cancelled yet I will have that conversation when I know I have another option [emoji106]

As I said in a previous post, I think they brought the release forward a year as there are no other Superbikes being released this year and they wanted the maximum column inches in the press. It's such a PITA. But I'd rather have a reliable bike than a grenade, so willing to wait till next year. Bloody marketing management people.

I actually feel it for the dealers. They've flogged their old stock at knockdown prices and now have a load of angry previously loyal customers to sort.
J

As I said in a previous post, I think they brought the release forward a year as there are no other Superbikes being released this year and they wanted the maximum column inches in the press. It's such a PITA. But I'd rather have a reliable bike than a grenade, so willing to wait till next year. Bloody marketing management people.

I actually feel it for the dealers. They've flogged their old stock at knockdown prices and now have a load of angry previously loyal customers to sort.
J

Agreed they're not quite ready. For the demand.

It sounds like they have a supply chain issue due to demand. They (BMW) have not controlled the dealers and made sure that what they are ordering can be satisfied. I would expect those with early bikes, decent dealers etc will be OK. But later orders will not, due to a lack of availability of parts. Because the M-Sport is such a significant step over the standard model (unlike previous generations) it's made it default and that means all the special parts like the previously mentioned carbon wheels etc need to be made in larger quantities than expected.

This is also on the back of their hugely successful R1250GS which also caught them off guard.
BMW are victims of their own success...and a lack of control/planning.

Have to say the whole giving your bike up early is a practice I hadn't heard of. I would have expected indicative deals to be setup which are then finalised during hand over. I don't like the idea dealers are pressuring folks to give up their bikes - its a bad practice and the buyer loses out.

Last edited:
0575cb4c30ee18eb5329ccb01825e9ab.jpg

If I am lucky....

It was 59 days until yesterday [emoji2959]

Last edited:
I had an email back from the sales manager at Alan Jeffries this morning. He is not aware of any production delays but will let me know if anything changes. As far as he is concerned the bike will be arriving in June.

Might be worth noting that the new bike was known about a year ago and many (including myself) went on the list back then. Putting an order in a few months ago or late last year isn?t going to be anywhere near the front of the queue. Sorry. If a dealer has misrepresented your position in the queue then that?s another matter.

I recall the HP4 carbons also has delays on delivery dates early on due to the carbon supply being outstripped by demand. It may be the same situation here but until something official is printed it?s speculation.

I had an email back from the sales manager at Alan Jeffries this morning. He is not aware of any production delays but will let me know if anything changes. As far as he is concerned the bike will be arriving in June.

Might be worth noting that the new bike was known about a year ago and many (including myself) went on the list back then. Putting an order in a few months ago or late last year isn?t going to be anywhere near the front of the queue. Sorry. If a dealer has misrepresented your position in the queue then that?s another matter.

I recall the HP4 carbons also has delays on delivery dates early on due to the carbon supply being outstripped by demand. It may be the same situation here but until something official is printed it?s speculation.

Soof - assuming you mean Simon? I spoke with him this morning and got the same message. Ie no word from BMW so far and he is expecting June to still be on. Like you, my order was in very early and there is a obviously a list in play with regard to who placed orders when!

Tbh I want this bike so much, nothing else does it for me so I don?t care when it comes as long as it?s mine!

My problem is I was told 1st June, if I had the information that I got yesterday earlier, I would have held of on selling my bike saved a wad more cash in the mean time and not have to take any finance or even sell my bike, then I would have the BMW for road and an R6 Track bike...

As it stands I have nothing.... I know not your problem but telling me there is a que and get to the back effectively is not the answer [emoji23]

Asif - Yea, Simon. Tbh I?m not overly fussed when the bike arrives as long as it?s not after the season. A mate and I are probably going to buy a track car and do that for fun so the bike can wait if necessary.

Alan - I wasn?t saying get to the back of the queue. What I said was putting an order in a few months ago and thinking you were at the front was misguided. If the dealer has misled you on delivery dates and you chopped your bike in in good faith because of that I think you have a case with the dealer to at the very least do something for you to resolve the situation. Reading between the lines what I guess has happened to your order is it was given a May production slot when the original deliveries were due to start in april/May. Delays (if they are genuine) have had a domino effect on everyone and will be exponential the further down the order list you are. Who is your dealer?

Soof be prepared for delivery after the season, I hope not, but I have just cancelled my order as BMW confirmed my bike would not be delivered before end of August at the earliest but could give no exact date, and I was the first in the “que” as you put it at my dealer, expected delivery on the computer is saying 27th October, that’s not to say it can’t change, but I am not prepared to wait and see if it comes and miss the whole season.

My time with bmw is over, it’s been a disgraceful way to conduct any bike launch and the dealers are hit with the brunt of the customers dissatisfaction when it’s bmw that is the problem.
Anyway lets go and look for something else

Daz

Asif - Yea, Simon. Tbh I?m not overly fussed when the bike arrives as long as it?s not after the season. A mate and I are probably going to buy a track car and do that for fun so the bike can wait if necessary.

Alan - I wasn?t saying get to the back of the queue. What I said was putting an order in a few months ago and thinking you were at the front was misguided. If the dealer has misled you on delivery dates and you chopped your bike in in good faith because of that I think you have a case with the dealer to at the very least do something for you to resolve the situation. Reading between the lines what I guess has happened to your order is it was given a May production slot when the original deliveries were due to start in april/May. Delays (if they are genuine) have had a domino effect on everyone and will be exponential the further down the order list you are. Who is your dealer?

BMW Motrad park lane...

Sorry fella getting to be A really touchy subject for me...

In the middle of writing an ultimatum to BMW saying they are in breech of one of the key reasons I payed my deposit and was a major contributing factor to my purchase and the reason for every extra hour at work to get more cash together....

Basically if they can?t come up with something suitable unfortunately I will be having my deposit back and cancelling the order...

Ok that?s the quickest response I have had out of my dealer, and no argument either...

Order cancelled, will still be floating around in the forum, good luck to all with the new bikes when you get them, just don?t have the luxury to wait for a bike that by the time I get to ride will be a year old...

Suits me to be honest, I have money flow issues and could do with the extra time. 1st June was going to be really touch and go anyhow although I havn't heard anything from the dealer so not writing it off just yet.

Hi chaps,

Apologies for the delay in putting in an appearance. Much like other retailers, I am yet to hear anything definitive. All our orders are still showing available from June.
As soon as I hear any more, I will be letting you know.

Tim.

Supply chain shortage issues due to over demand at launch don?t happen. All OEMs car or bike will use pre production builds to front load the supply chain into dealers. There plant logistic ordering systems are too slick now a days.

There?s a manufacturing constraint with a common model component.

Deal done, new bike forthcoming shortly, desperate to get out a blast as well
no more fannying about waiting for bmw, hope the new bike lives up to the hype

Daz

Last edited:
Deal done, new bike forthcoming shortly, desperate to get out a blast as well
no more fannying about waiting for bmw, hope the new bike lives up to the hype

Daz

What did you go for fella?

Just payed my deposit on an R1m will be with me in 2-3 weeks if not sooner.

Back