New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the avg. Punter bikes are delayed because there are too many race team orders to satisfy first?

And didn't someone say Tyco didn't have their bikes?? [emoji2373]

- Alex

I said tyco sold there superbikes.
And that is 2017 2018 bikes.
As was advertised on the net.
If they selling there old bikes means they getting new bikes does it not ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I Quoted your comment Alex and I shouldn?t have sorry.
I do apologise

I was in with the Belfast BMW franchise last Friday. They confirmed 'no move' before 01 June. They also told me that none of the race teams have got the new bike yet (they supply Tyco BMW) so I would reckon that most of the race teams will continue to use the gen 3 bikes with maybe a few gen 4 superstockers appearing later in the season. I'd be very surprised to see a gen 4 superbike at the TT!

They still have a gen 3 on their demo fleet. It seems that BMW UK still have a stock of around 50, although colours are limited.

Seven months from the unveiling to delivery seems very long, when you consider that the gen 3 was unveiled at the same time in 2014, with the first ones on the road in Feb 15! There's a story there!
@cr500kev it was this post I was referencing :)

- Alex

Reiten BMW, Suffolk UK have their launch day for the 4th Gen on the 1st June

Dunno who has Instagram
But
Seen this today
Might be worth a ganders
16a84f5bc5eae8baebc643a0bc0e9e9a.jpg

im glad I didn't px my 15 in nov for the 19 I think ill wait now till 2020 shame

I think it looks mint in race spec but for the road Its not really floating my boat but it?s not going to be to every ones taste.
Engine should be sweet as performance wise looking at numbers.
bmw have been dominant since 2010 on road racing.
Hope they can continue.
No pressure

It's missing a bit unless I've overlooked it. Was a piece showing all the controls and set ups that's possible.

Ah, found it in the 'get yours set up now' bit at the end....

Yes, but , its a totally different system so I think we need to test before deciding if it's needed/missing.

@cr500kev it was this post I was referencing :)

- Alex

If I got it wrong, apologies. The information came from the supplying dealer and this thread is called 'rumour gossip and intrigue'! The photo of Michael Dunlop is interesting. He's in a Tyco shirt, bur in his own workshop. There's what looks like an HP4 Race to his left wirh his race number on it. The new S1000RR to his right is still in road trim. Didn't he campaign his own S1000RR Superstocker last year?

If I got it wrong, apologies. The information came from the supplying dealer and this thread is called 'rumour gossip and intrigue'! The photo of Michael Dunlop is interesting. He's in a Tyco shirt, bur in his own workshop. There's what looks like an HP4 Race to his left wirh his race number on it. The new S1000RR to his right is still in road trim. Didn't he campaign his own S1000RR Superstocker last year?
You were referencing a dealer quote.
No harm no foul.
Sorry brevity on the phone is not the greatest

- Alex

I believe its a gen4 over his shoulder.
Note the black brakes etc

- Alex

Back