New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok.. Ok 5 minutes...deep breath lads. Some of you are getting the sleeves rolled up and almost at "Jaikets Aff" point. (Jackets Off)

I reckon that bastard Goebbels is still alive, subliminally poisoning our minds! Let's face it, we're all talking about this Kraut Crate eh.....creepy as **** !

Wonder how this RR will look in 55 years time ?.

Anyhow.....

So I love engineering, a bit like our RoadRunner on here......I am on YouTube now with alarming consistency, every night it just gets better.

We're all wrapped up in this latest model from Germany......I've just spent the last 2 nights online, youtube etc with what has to be THE FINEST piece of modern day engineering, I would go as far as to the point of fantasy engineering that we will see in our lifetime....designed in the 50s and built in 60s, to this day it looks incredible and still holds stacks of records for a naturally aspirated engine... so that rules out the Saturn 5 right..coz..that's a rocket !..

Some of you will guess, some of you won't...in contrast, we sure as shit won't be discussing the 2019 RR in 2070...anyhow just thought I'd chuck this in to bring a bit of reality into our miserable low tech lives ...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

you on the wine Stu?

Feeling suitably distracted from.. whatever this thread is about...I am now fixated on this engineering marvel. Initial thoughts were Boeing 747 and Concorde. The latter is the obvious choice for records... ?

Got to love the approach from some owners when their bike gets superseded, it?s the same on all the manufacture forums, there is a always contingency of people talking down the new model. I guess it?s only natural, they want their bike to be the best.

The new rear cluster and combined number plate bracket doesn?t look the best, but that?s the case with all bikes from the factory these days. The fact the rear break and indicators are all in one means with a nice tail tidy it will look the nuts.

Plastics all look good to me, and so what if they a lighter and a little more flexible, ain?t that the point, people spend thousands on carbon, and if you didn?t know better, you could say it looked/felt cheaper.

I?m just glad they have go rid of that awful rear subframe!

Ascetics aside, this bike looks to be a major step forward and I can?t wait to have a ride. The torque curve sounds really impressive, and I?m hoping it?s good enough on the road to make me part with my SuperDuke.

After some research here is what ive come up with. Trail is the most important thing in stability.
Rake has alot to do with stability and flickabilty. Wheelbase has simular effect on stability and change of direction but needs bigger changes to create the same effects as rake/ trail adjustments.
I tested the rsv4 and found it ran wide alot but was dead stable. Now i know why...
Plus it shows why my old zx10r was so stable but bit difficult to change directions.
Im suprised about the new fireblade.
It must be a very nervous bike.
But take a look at the 2019 s1000rr. Its way radical and the shortest rake and trail of any sports bike made that i know of. Wind up them steering dampers!!!
Rake / trail / wheelbase / bike
26.5 / 104 / 1445 / rsv4
25 / 109.9 / 1440 / zx10r
24.5 / 100 / 1469 / v4 panigale
24 / 102 / 1415 / r1
23.5 / 96.5 / 1445 / s1000rr gen3
23.3 / 96 / 1400 / cbr1000rr
23.1 / 93.9 / 1441 / s1000rr 2019

After watching the video above and then going back to these numbers, I have to admit, the 2019 RR is a bit of an eye opener.

As is the RSV4.

Feeling suitably distracted from.. whatever this thread is about...I am now fixated on this engineering marvel. Initial thoughts were Boeing 747 and Concorde. The latter is the obvious choice for records... ?
No...

Last edited:
I would give up many things for a shot in this phenomenal machine....

It has THE lot...I mean everything every boy wants...

Haha...it's like some sexy chick from your teenage years...

But wait...... It's a machine !

No but that is a legend of a machine... thats in my top 5 of all bikes..

Well we seem to be getting hung up on this pretty basic machine... in comparison !

To go back to my original post..who will be talking about the new 19 RR in 50 years time...

Just a bit of thinking fun really... and I guess it is in a way bike related..

Last edited:
In 50 years we'll all be on soulless EV's...enjoy it whilst you can.
All the issues in this thread are 1st World nit picking...it's a golden age of IC based motorised transport.
Was it the Britten?

Last edited:
Would of thought John Britten?s bike.
Or Allen Millard building that lovely rc374
and his many other machines

Last edited:
Ok it's not a bike....

This thing was built by a group of people that worked under a really famous engineer, they had a funky name for the sub division that they worked for...

It had TWO engines....jeez guys..

Well stu, hats off to you for possibly having the most obscure off topic set of posts I have seen in a long while. One day someone will be reading through this lot and be wondering how much vodka and irnbru it took lol.

(Quite a bit I expect :) ). Have a good weekend.

Back