New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 2019 bike

Well some jerk pulled out of the side road and I had to brake like no tomorrow luckily I missed him but got high sided .

Bike starts cosmetic damage so might just turn it into a track bike!

So I?m deffo after a 2019 rr

2019 Model

I put a deposit down on the 2015 S1000RR having never seen one and at no time have I regretted that decision. I?ve just done the same with the new 2019 model. Ultimately it?s a personal choice on how you choose to spend your money.

2019 Model

From the well-informed BSB paddock sources that I?ve spoken too the next model will be something very special indeed.

Re: 2019 Model

From the well-informed BSB paddock sources that I’ve spoken too the next model will be something very special indeed.

Totally agree Ryan, its going to be a game changer for sure :)

If it wasn't for having to wait for race fit parts I'd also get one of the first to hit Linds, but I'll have to wait till fairings etc are customer available rather than race teams till I order mine

Race Parts

When I received my new 2015 RR there was a 3-4 month wait before race parts became readily available. Unsurprisingly, given their close R&D relationship with BMW, Akrapovič, 2D and alpha Racing were fairly quick to release their parts catalogues at the time. I suspect that this will be the case again for the 2019 RR especially as it?s an all new model.

2019 Model

Completely agree. In standard trim the 2015+ model is exceptionally quick and I?m pretty sure the 2019 RR will be even quicker on track.

Re: 2019 Model

i wouldnt let that put you off waiting for race parts as i would bet theres no one on here can outride the present standard model, as im sure ryan -would agree as per his blog on trackdays his is pretty well kitted and he does 2mins laps at snetterton, and when my mate was down there with BARRIER he was doing 1,53 on a slick shod standard bike,

Since I'd be racing it, there is no point in getting one till parts are readily available to make it race legal and cost effective. Its nothing to do with about how fast or lap times

as pointed out shooter it could be quite a wait possibly even may time before the general public can get one tracked up properly , will you leave the DDC on or go after market ,

Thats why I said I'm not getting one as soon as they are available, I said its down to parts needing to be availablebefore getting mine, as for suspension its a case of wait and see what it comes with and options

Last edited:

It's mad considering how good the 17 is that the 19 could be considered a game changer. I still remember the first blade and everyone said bikes could not get better, then came the R1 and it was said again, then the first S1KRR and it was said again. Got to love development. Just hope they don't change the bar ends :tongue-new:

Game changer is bandied about a bit too often. They still have an engine between your legs, a tank of flammable liquid, 2 wheels and springy bits.

But I am keen to see what the 2nd clean sheet design brings us. If the weaknesses are resolved, strengths improved...without compromising what we loved before.

- Alex

Why not a new V4 engine?? Like motogp.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

2019 Model

You would have to ask Marc Bongers, BMW Motorrad Motorsport Technical Director, to get an answer to that question! No one knows what the final engine specification is yet as it?s a brand new design.

i dont know why they dont drip feed the public , give them something to look forward to possibly buying or not

A marketing strategy Boomaz, they have got 6 pages of speculation, salivation and when Stuart reads this master..... just kidding Big Ane, enjoy your San Miguel, lol.

Almost all riders in the world cannot ride the current bike to anywhere near its potential but the thought of a NEW bike that is better, faster or a game changer will have the desired effect on the customer base.

We all like shiny things, good salesmen and women can make us like their shiny things more than someone else's even if we don't know what it looks like.

JimmyMac

The 3 So?s

So as I?d earlier said my 2016 motorsports has been written off.

So do I jump into a 2018 rr mmmh ? I really want a 2019 but I?m informed that the 2019 won?t be available until April next year.

The current model is still being manufactured until November this year.

So I may just buy a 2018 and chop it in for a 19 when they?re out but will I lose out on price decrease mmmh.

I'd get something 2nd hand which has depreciated already...then wait for the 19

- Alex

Back