New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to disagree with a few of you on here, imo the bike looks better than previous models, smaller, more compact and more nimble. I love the front with the led lights and the rear light integrated into the indicators makes the rear fairing much neater. The only part I'm not to keen on are the black side infill she which are a bit to big but I'm sure it won't be long before they can be replaced with a bit of carbon. Btw bmw don't make bad brakes so I'm sure these will be as good as brembos and if you think the plastics look cheap then I still think they are better quality than most of the jap bikes.

I think it looks pants.
But main selling point is it has to look badass
Them front lights and rear light n them indicator mirrors rubbish.
Suzuki or Ducati maybe getting my cash next year

Lol.. That so made me laugh...I love a straight talker.....

I haven't seen it in the flesh, but Kev has pointed out the areas that I clocked on here a few weeks ago now and also disliked !.. I really get the badass bit and read Soofs reply.. so I'm not getting into that.
But I got to side with Kev...it should look badass right out the crate..
Those indicator mirrors are a ******* joke, I hate them and I never liked the lights/furrowed brow nose either, but I don't think I'd dump the marque unless a good 200 to 300 mile hard blast on one never fired my rockets...just sayin !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I guess some of the weight reduction will be the use of lighter gauge material on the body panels. Hence the flimsier look and feel..

I really do think they could have got the styling and whatever looking a bit better.. I mean how hard can it be ffs, if Homer could do it so could I ...JEEZ !

16ac57d099b030684d39039903f512cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Really?

Anyway, I thought thats one of the great thing about bikes, you can change their looks relatively cheaply. Ok, headlight and nose shape is what it is, but a good design does wonders. If the underlying machine is awesome, you have a great base to work from.

I am taking a bit of a risk having one of the early msport bikes, but I have bought new models from bmw before without issue. I am a little concerned about the talk of cheap plastics etc, hopefully that will be improved upon by the time customer bikes are being built. If not, plastics can be replaced easily under warranty if needed.

Lol yep really if I?m gonna hand over my hard earned money for a bike it?s going to have to look mint

Last edited:
Regarding the combined mirrors/indicators, I think it?s a real step forward, I can?t count how many times I?ve had to remove the fairing side panels to remove the indicators ready for a trackday, in fact I need to do them again today, it will save me an hour every time.
Not everyone is only interested in looks and how ?badass? the bike is.
For me BMW have listened to owners of current models and incorporated requests to make it easier and quicker to prepare their bikes for track use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding the combined mirrors/indicators, I think it’s a real step forward, I can’t count how many times I’ve had to remove the fairing side panels to remove the indicators ready for a trackday, in fact I need to do them again today, it will save me an hour every time.
Not everyone is only interested in looks and how ‘badass’ the bike is.
For me BMW have listened to owners of current models and incorporated requests to make it easier and quicker to prepare their bikes for track use.

likewise, not everyone is interested in track use

When I look at a bike and I see stuff that's practical for track use it makes me think it's more badass :) I do like the look of the little wing indicators but they are pretty much a waste of space, cars can't see them and they bend out of place at every opportunity.

Last edited:
It?s more about not getting broken in transit, when you trust your bike to someone else, I always find it?s best to remove easily breakable parts.

Love the fact my Gen3 will still be sought after as I was getting worried the bottom would drop out of the market!

- Alex

Does anyone know what the warranty is on the new Gen? Same as before?
all I know is with a torque curve like this new motor has, it’s going to pull like a train out the corners.

I thought that new bikes direct from a bmw dealer already had 3 years?
not sure about mileage? Or did the sales man fib.
wonder if we will get Euro break down cover

Does anyone know what the warranty is on the new Gen? Same as before?
all I know is with a torque curve like this new motor has, it’s going to pull like a train out the corners.

Crap screen shot but yup - that's some extra torque!

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 10.41.51.jpg

I thought that new bikes direct from a bmw dealer already had 3 years?
not sure about mileage? Or did the sales man fib.
wonder if we will get Euro break down cover

Sorry yes you?re quite right, it is the same warranty that is currently offered.
BMW increased the warranty from 2 to 3 years earlier this year

- Oli

That area between 6-8.5k is mind blowing. Going to make it a weapon and probably safer to ride due to a more Linear power band

Back