New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i thought there was a low seat height option too. my 17 is 81.2cm's and the lowest on the M is 81.4, not exactly a low seat option.lol

Lol, they should have said ?lower in comparison to the taller option? [emoji23]

I?ll be going for the tall seat! [emoji12]

Wonder what @Huge will go for!?

- Oli

honda sell monkey bikes just get one of those forget about the bmw , if u start changing ride heights,, linkages etc u will ruin years of development and testing by bmw

I would quite like to test ride one of those MSX 125?s or the new Monkey bike, look like a lot of fun!

The seat height options for the new RR come from an accessory ?M? seat that is available in three different thicknesses conferring the three different seat heights.
I am not sure if there will be a more extreme lowering option available in future

- Oli

Last edited:
My m sport only had 3 options:

alarm
teleservices (sos)
pillion seat and pegs (no cost but you dont then get the cowl)

so i think the seat height is something separate.

alarm
teleservices (sos)

Yea this is what I saw at Cannon?s too.

However, the attached photo from BMW?s website states that the optional M seat is available in the above stated seat heights.
As this is standard on the M Sport I would have thought BMW will allow customers the choice(?)
The ?special accessory? bit is somewhat ambiguous.

Will hopefully confirm tomorrow though

b9bd35e01d44c6ad999234f05f2f9ec4.jpg

- Oli

Last edited:
one of the things that drew me to the beemer in the first place years ago was the fact that you site in it ( like the gixer k5/6 1000) allowing lower center of gravity, those higher seat option will make it feel like the blade. like your sitting on a flat plank. imo. :)

you want the 849 get you over the front,

Yea ?if? there is an option to specify what M seat comes with the bike, then I would go for the taller one, as when checking the ergo?s via cycle-ergo.com (thanks @soofsayer) it implies that there is only a 3 degree penalty in forward lean vs the shortest seat, but a 1.38? benefit in seat to rearset clearance. This would be a better compromise at my height.

Edit: After reading @r25sti ?s above post I can?t make my bloody mind up lol

- Oli

Last edited:
the standard seat height is fine for me but my missis was all excited about a lower seat height. shes on a zx10r 2016 at the moment which is fine but she wants the beemer next.

yeh but most race seat units raise you up on the bike , instead of being sat IN it, more over the front

and this is why i swapped my track bike race seat to a seat unit with the oe seat. the race one was so high it didnt feel right for me. it was about 35mm higher than the oe. im thinking more about road bikes this time rather than track and for my missis and for myself.

Last edited:
I'll be going highest seat option as room for my legs will be welcomed!
How many on here have actually put an order / deposit down?

Here's the seat support on a standard set of track fairings along with a full tank cover so the whole thing is higher. I much prefer the higher seat personally.
NQzHQ8tzSIKokCwWsUSyFg.jpgfVs5eTY0RquwHUmTTxl0cQ.jpg

Last edited:
At 31" my legs barely reach on the race seat with 65 section tyres...makes the garage awkward...

- Alex

At 31" my legs barely reach on the race seat with 65 section tyres...makes the garage awkward...

- Alex

same issue i have and my missis much more. ive got a few full race seat units in the shed not being used. :) for the road i like to get at least one foot close to flat on the floor especially on gravely or uneven ground. my 17 is fine for me but the missis sometimes struggles.

alarm
teleservices (sos)

Just checked with Cannon Motorrad and the M Sport will come with the standard height M seat (824 mm) only.
The low and high options will be part of the accessories list

- Oli

Lol, they should have said ?lower in comparison to the taller option? [emoji23]
I?ll be going for the tall seat! [emoji12]
Wonder what @Huge will go for!?
- Oli
I use a couple of house bricks on the Gen3. Helped me get into the house after my last solo motorbike holiday and the locks had been changed.

alarm
teleservices (sos)

I also had 3 options when I bought my Gen3.
1. Pay the sticker price.
2. Argue with the dealer and then pay the sticker price.
3. Get a 1299S from P&H.

yeh but most race seat units raise you up on the bike , instead of being sat IN it, more over the front
Didn't know that, thanks.

and this is why i swapped my track bike race seat to a seat unit with the oe seat. the race one was so high it didnt feel right for me. it was about 35mm higher than the oe. im thinking more about road bikes this time rather than track and for my missis and for myself.
This is interesting.

ive got a few of those seat supports and in carbon too. useless for me though.lol
Would you sell one to a forum member? :surprise: I'll do part exchange for either of my children (have 'em both in fact).

Last edited:
Haha yeah I'm happy to help home the carbon in return for @Huge's children :)

Huge they only fit race seat units...thin foam etc...no lights...althogh maybe you can use one of the carbinin 2 part seats unit (more like OEM)

There is an 875mm Alpha seat.

- Alex

I want a standard seat but if I order an M bike I'll get an M seat which wont be as comfortable. The M seat gets an embossed "M" on it but at the expense of padding!!

Back