New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
theres loads of gen 3 with next to no miles on now around 13k
I wasn't going to buy one but just comparing" like for like". I've never bought a bike on finance or pcp but if I was going to to get a 2019 then I would sell my gen 2 and my r1 and finance/ pcp the rest.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is it me or has anyone else noticed the rear suspension setup? It seems to have the linkage at the top of the shock!

Is it me or has anyone else noticed the rear suspension setup? It seems to have the linkage at the top of the shock!
I had noticed but not commented as I know nothing about the implications.

I believe it is like that because if the 'underslung' swingarm and the space/packaging with the cat etc.

- Alex

They make quite a deal about the improved rear traction on the new bike which can be an issue on the current bikes so maybe it's to do with that?

Connects to the BMW Motorrad Connected app which you run on your phone.
N.B. If using an android phone, after you first pair the phone and the bike, you need to turn the bike off and on again before the app will work.

So I've really wanted a V4S as I've put on here a few times but I'm a bit nervous about track noise limits and don't want to risk being turned away, so the S1000RR was hard to ignore!
So I've put a deposit down on an M Sport top spec today, apparently the first person at Pidcock Nottingham which surprised me!

Who has actually got a deposit down? What are you being told delivery wise?
Also, what actual options are there to pick from, I'm sure I've read bits about seat height options etc?

Pretty nervous and excited!

There's another thread with a survey of people who have put deposits down; a good few. I put a deposit down last month before the options were out to get on top of the queue so was not asked about options. I'd love a V4 like you but noise limits are a definite problem, I'd stay away unless you are doing plenty of euro days.

So I've really wanted a V4S as I've put on here a few times but I'm a bit nervous about track noise limits and don't want to risk being turned away, so the S1000RR was hard to ignore!
So I've put a deposit down on an M Sport top spec today, apparently the first person at Pidcock Nottingham which surprised me!

Who has actually got a deposit down? What are you being told delivery wise?
Also, what actual options are there to pick from, I'm sure I've read bits about seat height options etc?

Pretty nervous and excited!

The options for the M Sport are a choice of three seat heights (814, 824, 849 mm). Further options include the SOS button and the alarm.
There will also be a long list of accessories such as rear-sets, levers, carbon etc.

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?13142-New-2019-BMW-S1000RR-Poll

- Oli

Last edited:
Cheers, funnily I ticked the 'i'm not buying one till I see one' box!
Monners what are you being told about delivery dates?

Dealers do not have delivery dates yet. It will be March/April 2019. Dealers will get firmed up delivery dates early in the new year when the launch date has been set. I can guarantee deliveries will not be before march.

dosnt the M come with rearsets and levers all ready?

Unfortunately not to my knowledge.

a91493f01192c957301bba9b2d2afd4a.jpg

I believe RyS posted this photo a while back and it shows the standard rearsets and leavers on the M Sport. Premium ?M? parts will be available in due course though

- Oli

Back