New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 2019 bike

I cant see them getting it down to 175Kg, not wet, for a road legal bike. Especially with Euro4.
What I like about the current bike is you can use it in the real world. Reading the long term reports in MCN on the Duc V4, if it rains the water/muck goes EVERYWHERE!! Up your back, down your sides, up the inside of the screen! Thats no bloody good.

New Model

I cant see them getting it down to 175Kg, not wet, for a road legal bike. Especially with Euro4.

+1. Not a chance with Euro 4 and all the other road going paraphernalia. I personally hope it will be physically smaller and much more track focused but that won?t be a view shared by everyone.

Re: New Model

I'm hoping it's BIGGER!
Seriously tho, I'm assuming the spy shots of the 2019 model had JAWS from James Bond riding it.
If it was a normal sized bloke, you'll be able to sell your garage and keep it in your top pocket!

The current GSXR1000 is physically smaller and a few Kg's lighter than the S1K but has a roomier riding position, I'd be surprised if the '19RR doesn't go down a similar route

Intermot

Only a couple of months to wait until the Intermot show...

Interesting, Exciting and Annoying.
Interesting coz I want to see how it compares to the HP4 Race.
Exciting coz we all love the RR.
Annoying coz I'll be too skint to get one :-(

Interesting :p

I?m off to Intermot in October with BMW, read into that as you will...
Yes, I?ve been told counter rotating too.
We?re expecting 215ps at the crank.
No figures on weight though. I doubt much under 200kg fully fuelled in road trim.

Last edited:

Interesting :p

I?m off to Intermot in October with BMW, read into that as you will...
Yes, I?ve been told counter rotating too.
We?re expecting 215ps at the crank.
No figures on weight though. I doubt much under 200kg fully fuelled in road trim.

Tim do you think as the leading S1000RR UK forum BMW could be persuaded to give us the opportunity to get an early launch preview with you guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been a euro 4 I think it will be same weight less power but quicker around the track.

Been a euro 4 I think it will be same weight less power but quicker around the track.
Its a totally new bike, no carry over parts...first net new since the first was launched. There will be no statistic left unbeaten.

- Alex

Last edited:

That?s a great idea. I?ll see what I can do :)
We?ve already got six deposits for a bike that doesn?t officially exist yet.
Leave it with me. Once we?ve got a launch date I?ll see what can be done.

2019 Model

Been a euro 4 I think it will be same weight less power...

I think BMW might consider that a step backwards in terms of development especially as it will be a completely new model with a new engine!

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/rumors/2019-bmw-s1000rr-superbike-confirmed/

Drip fed hearsay...

Feb Launch
Might be at Intermot but definitely EICMA
Counter-rotating crank
220ps at crank (from other source)

We'll see if its all true in due course.

- Alex

If you check image URL it sits in 2012 folder

i2.wp.com/www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/bmw-s1000rr-engine.jpg?resize=635%2C476&ssl=1

It looks like an old gen 1 engine with old exhaust.

Last edited:

If you check image URL it sits in 2012 folder

i2.wp.com/www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/bmw-s1000rr-engine.jpg?resize=635%2C476&ssl=1

It looks like an old gen 1 engine with old exhaust.
The picture isn't the point.

- Alex

Latest posts

Back