Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

Re: New S1000RR

If BMW wanted to race it they would have produced a cheaper version for sure.

Riding
    2015 Motorsports

New S1000RR spy photos?!?

I am personally of the opinion that there will be colour changes only for the 2018 MY S1000RR, with the "all new" bike launched at either Intermot or EICMA that year for a 2019 MY designation.

I do not believe there will be a new HP4 road bike, instead I think (and hope) that BMW will do two models of the new bike, a sub 20K base bike with steel frame, and then a carbon bike in the ~25K bracket (as a WSB homologation) that has a carbon frame and other HP goodies.
    I think it would make sense to have these bikes compete with the Ducati base and S models price point.
    I also suspect HP Carbon wheels will be available from 19 onwards.

Time will tell, but one thing is for sure, these are exiting times in motorcycling!
    Last edited by Oli; 3rd August 2017 at 09:30 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Oli For This Useful Post:

Riding
    2015 Motorsports

Re: New S1000RR spy photos?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay S1000rr View Post
    Even more exciting when sELECTRICrr hits the market and we have to ride with thumb on the horn to be heard

Jay
    Let's hope for Turbo and/or Hybrid power rather then full on electric lol

Quote Originally Posted by Oli View Post
    I am personally of the opinion that there will be colour changes only for the 2018 MY S1000RR, with the "all new" bike launched at either Intermot or EICMA that year for a 2019 MY designation.

I do not believe there will be a new HP4 road bike, instead I think (and hope) that BMW will do two models of the new bike, a sub 20K base bike with steel frame, and then a carbon bike in the ~25K bracket (as a WSB homologation) that has a carbon frame and other HP goodies.
    I think it would make sense to have these bikes compete with the Ducati base and S models price point.
    I also suspect HP Carbon wheels will be available from 19 onwards.

Time will tell, but one thing is for sure, these are exiting times in motorcycling!
    Dealer said BMW are not doing an hp4 road bike. Somebody else told me they've been to a BMW factory in Germany producing carbon frames for the rr. I do think prices will go up significantly. I think a standard bike will be thereabouts 20k with the carbon being the premium price maybe 5k more? It'll be heads and shoulders above the rest hopefully so they'll get the money imo.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to soofsayer For This Useful Post:

Oli

Riding
    2015 Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by soofsayer View Post
    Dealer said BMW are not doing an hp4 road bike. Somebody else told me they've been to a BMW factory in Germany producing carbon frames for the rr. I do think prices will go up significantly. I think a standard bike will be thereabouts 20k with the carbon being the premium price maybe 5k more? It'll be heads and shoulders above the rest hopefully so they'll get the money imo.

I can imagine they're doing lots of testing with both the aluminium and CF frames.
    Would be amazing to see all the behind the scenes R&D that goes into these major projects, especially how much involvement BMW cars play in shared tech?

I am optimistic that the new bike will be a real tour de force of the latest and greatest tech, and the use of CF will be something of a USP I imagine.
    But, I am hopeful that BMW will remain true to what has worked so well with the current RR, and that is a real world, all round capable sport bike.
    I also think the whole ownership experience with BMW is first class so I imagine they will simply continue going from strength to strength .

P.S. Guess I should start living off beans on toast now ready for 2019 lol ...
    P.S.2. Can't believe I wrote "steel" frame in my original post ... too long on KTM's lol!

Riding
    HP4 Carbon Pink

Quote Originally Posted by soofsayer View Post
    Don't doubt you Andy but I hope your dealer is wrong. Was in getting the car serviced yesterday and the dealer was still under the impression a HP4 road bike will be announced in Quarter 3. I've first dibs on any that get sent to Dundee so I am waiting with baited breath.

JimmyMac

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyMac For This Useful Post:

Riding
    KTM Superduke GT

Re: New S1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by bananaman View Post
    Never, is it a good show?
    Yes Keith, It is a far better/larger show than our NEC show in Nov. I have been 4 or 5 times. Not sure now but when you buy your ticket online it also gives you free public transport to the venue within 100km, you do not have to stay in Cologne. The train station is at the door step to the show at KoelnMesse...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to phil For This Useful Post:

New S1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by Oli View Post
    BMW have already confirmed this and that there will be no other changes for MY2018. The only new product is the addition of an Akrapovič HP full exhaust system (road legal with a built-in catalytic converter and not to be confused with the HP Race Power Kit) to the accessories brochure.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RyS1000RR For This Useful Post:

Oli

Riding
    GSXR1000R

I'll be closely following MCN on this as those boys really have their finger on the pulse, although surprised they've run the story as I thought they were now doing Honda UK's PR?

Riding
    15 msport +

2019 bike

I've just got all excited - they just mentioned in the World Superbikes warm up that teams will be looking at the new 2019 BMW for next season. No other details though.

Anyone got any news on it? Even made up stuff would do!
    Punctuation - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.