New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was something comforting about the Brembo name on the bike. Never heard of Hayes so that has the reverse effect. I can't see BMW putting on something crap. It no doubt costs them less and they get to write BMW on them...but still...

+1. At least they appear to have changed the pad layout.

Last edited:
There was something comforting about the Brembo name on the bike.

Never heard of Hayes so that has the reverse effect.

I can't see BMW putting on something crap. It no doubt costs them less and they get to write BMW on them...but still...

- Alex

BMW don't use branded brakes on their M cars but that doesn't make them bad, I suspect after 9 years of S1000RR experience they knew what they wanted from their component manufacturers for the gen4 and didn't just default to brembo, online etc like their competitors.

Ok, bad example, well I hope the gen4's BMW brakes are better than the Brembos fitted to the GSXR1000!

Plays music too!

I dare say the TFT will work the same as it does on the GS etc at the mo. All the nav/GPS and music functions are streamed from your phone when it is connected and that only works when you have a communication kit attached.

Thanks Tim - how does the Navigation work on the GS? I assume you need a stand alone nav unit - what will the TFT screen do that the unit wont? I dont get that bit.

Thanks Tim - how does the Navigation work on the GS? I assume you need a stand alone nav unit - what will the TFT screen do that the unit wont? I dont get that bit.

So to have full nav function the idea is to attach the BMW Nav 6 for example.
The TFT has very simple navigation which is used taken from your phone (using Apple maps or similar). So literally arrows on the screen, not a map or similar. Think of it more as a visual clue after being told (in your headset) which way to go. Whereas the nav shows a map and the road you need to take etc.
The same with the music. It works as a media player, so again just an extension of You music app on the phone :)

There was something comforting about the Brembo name on the bike.

Never heard of Hayes so that has the reverse effect.

I can't see BMW putting on something crap. It no doubt costs them less and they get to write BMW on them...but still...

- Alex

+1

It wouldn?t surprise me as most BMW race teams are now using Carbonin fairings.

Had a little chuckle to my self yesterday. Called my stealer and asked to be put on the test ride list and he said they hadn't been told anything by BMW yet.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just heard (second hand but from a dealer) that the motorsport colours are only available on the full blown m-sport (around ?19k with the carbons), and other than that it's only the red available. I.e. motorsport colours not a cost option.

Until the configurator is live (or Tim can confirm!) I guess we won't know for sure.

Cheers

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Back