New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exhaust: how easy will it be to take off the cat and emission crap, looks like the whole system will need replacing ,EXPENSIVE. Anyone got info on this

I spy an issue, well for me at least being a short arse, the seat height is 4mm higher on the new version, that will need lowered for me am on ma tippy toes on mine as is

I see the DDC is by Marzocchi..

It looks like the DDC is an upgrade of the Ducati Skyhook system-strange move considering Ducati went Ohlins!

Fork top yoke and clip-ons looks a strange arrangement too.It looks difficult to fit aftermarket clip-ons,presumably all part of EU anti-tampering or selling more OE parts!

yep dont see many people getting to excited so far bmw say 1 sec a lap faster ? on what track? mallory park or sepang? i recon you could get a gen 3 with less than 1k miles on for 5 k less than the equivelent new model with bits on,
Nurburgring :)

They set that as a goal...it wasn't the result.

- Alex

Still,as long as they're still 100mm,changing calipers shouldn't be a problem.

They certainly look like 100mm calipers. Hopefully my Brembo GP4-RX calipers will bolt straight on without needing to change brake lines.

RDC Tyre Pressure Control looks to be quite useful for trackday use. It should make monitoring tyre pressures much quicker especially if they are displayed on the new TFT dash.

They look like Nissin calipers and also look like a 4 pad setup to me.
Still,as long as they're still 100mm,changing calipers shouldn't be a problem.

Either that,or they're Bybro(teehee)!

Fairly sure they?re Hayes callipers. The same as the 1250 GS has. They certainly look the same in all the photos I?ve seen compared to the bike right in front of me.

yep but RYS surely all the anticipation about the bike ,, it should come with decent brembos to start with even my superduke had m50

I agree to a point but any mass produced OEM Brembo (M4, M50 etc) calipers are not in the same league as Brembo race calipers. That and we simply don't know how good the new calipers are in comparison. Regardless of how good they are if they retain a 4-pad per caliper design I will be replacing them.

Just had an email from my dealer here in SW France. Order book for the 2019 S1000RR is open. Expected delivery March/April.

That's some super lightweight wheels on the new s1000rr [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
45ad74885c8fef3cacdb93e8a1ce4d04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There was something comforting about the Brembo name on the bike.

Never heard of Hayes so that has the reverse effect.

I can't see BMW putting on something crap. It no doubt costs them less and they get to write BMW on them...but still...

- Alex

Back