New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can confirm that the passive VVT on the GSXR works very well..
I’m a big fan of the technology Suzuki have used on the latest GSXR, makes sense, and nobody else is doing it, yet. The next step is ECU control, not passive as Alex said. But, let’s face it, there’s no future in IC engines, they’ll be off limits in the next decade! Fill your boots and enjoy while you can.

I tend to agree although whether there'll be the infrastructure to support electric powered vehicles outside of 1st world countries within 10 years remain to be seen. In the mean time I'll enjoy my polluting bike and resign myself to a tree hugging car next time I change!

So who is actually going to order/buy/lease one?

I was all but decided to trade my 2015 RR (with more power and handling than I'll ever be able to use on the road) for the Gen4 (with even more power and handling than my current RR), at not insignificant cost, but am now suffering from range anxiety. Hopefully the lighter weight and ShiftCam will allow for the same or better range from the smaller tank.

9A5EE6E3-AD83-4CC3-BD86-D33DC60B3A4A.jpeg207hp at crank.
gonna be a bit of a weapon tuned up I reckon
if I like it when I see it in flesh I?ll get one.

Last edited:
The aim was 215ps at the crank from industry insiders. If the achieved that it would make for 204-207 at the wheel...

- Alex

Question on the seat height options - the sub frame will not change - the plastic seat plate (probably) wont change - so the extra seat height will come from extra padding? just like the comfort seat they do for the current RR? While this is probably more comfortable for the backside it will load up the wrists more?

I would think it will be adjusted by different mounting points on the sub frame?

Back