New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Diesel? Wan't expecting THAT...Lol.

Lol, I thought that the first time I saw that picture, he ain't gonna get far if he's put diesel in it.

The calipers look like brembos as Alex mentions. I hope they will fit the M4 pads as I have a new set of SCs in my garage never fitted.

I'd be very surprised if it didn't have the 100mm size still. Would definitely be good to loose the weird 8 pad setup, I have no idea what that is all about?

Looks like the same forks. No upgrade to the latest electronic Ohlins - on this model spec at least.

Looks like the same forks. No upgrade to the latest electronic Ohlins - on this model spec at least.
They would never go with Ohlins, costs too much and they work closely with Sachs.

I am sure that there will be a new version.

- Alex

I think it looks meh in pictures, but paint makes a huge difference.

It will look better in the flesh.

- Alex

Looks fine to me, understated like the current model but much more compact

yeh paint will make a difference for defo, i like the present model as i think it looks chunky and like a 1000cc bike should be sized, sometimes to small can make them to cramped, and lets face it all the 1000cc bkes have enough power now,
Completely agree with the size part, I?ve previously commented, they are becoming smaller & skinnier.
Many riders make them look like mini motos.

I much prefer the chunky nature of the RR compared to my panigale.

Will you hate the lights if they are the latest in laser lighting?

Function over form is usually the way with BMW, i can't think of a single model which has ever been a looker.

The alien head was because the two lights served different purposes, and making one smaller saved weight.

It is probably a cult look now, but I know they used to get a lot of critism.

- Alex

My point is it looks like the rest.

What ever it?s ability it?s beyond mine so I want it to look different.

Another 20hp I won?t use and LED lights which I won?t wear out.
I bought the SK1RR because it fitted like a glove and loved the look.

Might have to look at a KTM...........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seriously i think it looks crap, am i the only one ,at least the previous model had its own look/ design

I agree, but we haven’t actually seen it yet. I do wonder if that picture is fake, funny how there are no others of that lot with those bikes doing the rounds (or are there?).... those bikes would have been parked up many times or seen out on the roads.

They recon the yamaha and ducati Ohlins is some thing else way above the BMW , be a shame if they went for second rate suspension when there is top notch stuff around.

Ohlins doesn?t necessarily mean best in all respects.
Ohlins semi-active suspension was praised by journalists for track use, but even in that regard suspension tech?s would still recommend a quality conventional cartridge kit and shock.

The Ohlins approach to semi-active suspension is completely different to how Sachs and recently Showa go about it, with the former being a simpler system in a manner of speaking.
For road use, BMW?s seminal system has always been highly regarded by the industry and has only been technically superseded by the latest semi-active setup from Showa (using the BFF forks, as seen in the latest ZX-10R).

Disclaimer: I may be ?slightly? biased to BMW lol, but the BMW/Sachs kit is far from ?second-rate?

- Oli

Last edited:
So the prevailing view is that the new bike looks shit, is too small and may be fitted with fairly shit suspension?

So the prevailing view is that the new bike looks shit, is too small and may be fitted with fairly shit suspension?
Put me down for 2 [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The image of the bike front on with the test rider is imo its best angle so far, looks quite good despite losing the wonky front eyes. They say the wheelbase is going to be the same so I think it looks small because of the shortened tail and low mounted swingarm setup.

The image of the bike front on with the test rider is imo its best angle so far, looks quite good despite losing the wonky front eyes. They say the wheelbase is going to be the same so I think it looks small because of the shortened tail and low mounted swingarm setup.
Looks tiny, doesn?t help by the well insulated rider.

Looks tiny, doesn’t help by the well insulated rider.

Small doesn't necessarily mean cramped as long as the bars, seat, foot pegs are positioned thoughtfully. I can't see BMW alienating their customer base by launching a compromised, uncompetitive bike, well not unless they've replaced the enthusiasts who created the HP4 race with the '17 Fireblade design team..

Back