New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I know is that I’m desperate for mine to arrive and thought of waiting until March is driving me nuts!
BMW obviously don’t care that I’m a product of the modern world and expect instant gratification.
Mate id be livid. How have you not pulled your order and gone else where

What was your thought on the performance and handling of the 1100 Factory compared with the s1000rr motorsport ?
I didnt try the m sport just the sport.
But they both felt so meh! I cant believe it myself as all the reviewers rant and rave about them.
On the road my r1 has more grunt than both of them but the aprilia did have more up top so id say it would be better on track. Or faster at least.
As for the bmw it was gutless up until higher revs so aprilia felt better there.
Its difficult to tell in a test ride.
They are all fast lets face it.
The aprilia has the best gearbox and blipper period. Its just awsome.
The gearbox on bmw felt just like the last model except from the blipper was crap. I missed a few downchanges. It just wouldnt change and it never gave me confidence so i just used the clutch to ride back to dealers.
Bmw brakes were really good on the road but i had terrible brakes on aprilia. Possibly due to cleaning silicon on the discs i expect but they just wernt any good.
The bmw handling is improved over gen3. It does have a bit more feel. Theres still a bit of vagueness there at the front but when you switch modes you really feel it now compared to gen3.
Handling of aprila isnt suited for road riding.
It needs high lean angles to turn but thats hard to do on the road.
But i expected to be blown away by both bikes but i felt 'meh' about both of them really.
Also the anti wheelie is too intrusive on the aprilia and not as dialed as bmw.
Me personally i like to feel a connection to a bike so i can push it hard. I find it with the r1 although i have needed to tweak it.
The aprilia on track must be great.
The bmw is just not as connected.
If i brought one id want the manual suspension to get the feel im after.
The bmw dash is sweeeeet but not sure i could live with that tappety engine?!?!.
I need to try one again.
Basically theres pros and cons with all bikes and alot down to personal taste

i ordered mine last week, i dont care if it takes until next march as hopefully by then all the issues will be ironed out. ready for next summer. :)
Yeah you wont really need it now winters coming anyway. Its the people who ordered early on and still dont have it i feel sorry for. Its just unheard of in 2019. They should be desperate to get the bikes sold which to me says they have big problems with the bikes. Hopefully they will be all sorted by next year

I didnt try the m sport just the sport.
But they both felt so meh! I cant believe it myself as all the reviewers rant and rave about them.
On the road my r1 has more grunt than both of them but the aprilia did have more up top so id say it would be better on track. Or faster at least.
As for the bmw it was gutless up until higher revs so aprilia felt better there.
Its difficult to tell in a test ride.
They are all fast lets face it.
The aprilia has the best gearbox and blipper period. Its just awsome.
The gearbox on bmw felt just like the last model except from the blipper was crap. I missed a few downchanges. It just wouldnt change and it never gave me confidence so i just used the clutch to ride back to dealers.
Bmw brakes were really good on the road but i had terrible brakes on aprilia. Possibly due to cleaning silicon on the discs i expect but they just wernt any good.
The bmw handling is improved over gen3. It does have a bit more feel. Theres still a bit of vagueness there at the front but when you switch modes you really feel it now compared to gen3.
Handling of aprila isnt suited for road riding.
It needs high lean angles to turn but thats hard to do on the road.
But i expected to be blown away by both bikes but i felt 'meh' about both of them really.
Also the anti wheelie is too intrusive on the aprilia and not as dialed as bmw.
Me personally i like to feel a connection to a bike so i can push it hard. I find it with the r1 although i have needed to tweak it.
The aprilia on track must be great.
The bmw is just not as connected.
If i brought one id want the manual suspension to get the feel im after.
The bmw dash is sweeeeet but not sure i could live with that tappety engine?!?!.
I need to try one again.
Basically theres pros and cons with all bikes and alot down to personal taste

Thank for your review.
I am a bit surprised by your thoughts as my 2016 RSV4 RF with Akra titanium system and race map was quicker with superior handling to my mates 2017 R1M.

Having recently ridden the new RSV 1100 Factory it feel quicker and turns in sharper than my RSV4 RF. The low down torque is impressive.

With regards to the new S1000RR, the turn in and handling is far superior to the R1. No comparisment.

A mate went to the 2020 Yamaha R1 release and confirmed that there were no major changes for 2020. He also believes that the S1000RR & RSV 1100 Factory is head and shoulders above the R1. He used to own a 2017 R1M.

However that said they are all fantastic bikes and it’s a matter of personal choice based on personal presence, height, weight and riding style & skill.

One size certainly doesn’t fit or suit all.

It’s a good thing we are all different.

Just to add my r1 is reflashed, its got impressive low down torque and midrange grunt. So it takes alot to impress me on the road. Basically the other two dont feel better to me so why would i pay double what mine cost.
Ive only done 1 trackday on my r1.
Brands gp.
All i did was fit supercorsa tyres and the reflash.
I did 1min 35 in my second session and i was being easy on the brakes as they were fading bad.
So its a pretty good bike.
I recon that id struggle to get better on the other two in standard form so at the mo im saving my money.

I must have a different bike from what you have been trying. Even in its current guise with the restricted revs if I pin the throttle on my bike I struggle to a) hold on to the thing and b) keep the front on the black stuff. It is savagely fast and the 9k rpm limit comes up so fast I am having to short shift to avoid being thrown off the front when the limiter kicks in. I am not a track god but can hold my own.

I must have a different bike from what you have been trying. Even in its current guise with the restricted revs if I pin the throttle on my bike I struggle to a) hold on to the thing and b) keep the front on the black stuff. It is savagely fast and the 9k rpm limit comes up so fast I am having to short shift to avoid being thrown off the front when the limiter kicks in. I am not a track god but can hold my own.

Neither of the 19 S1000RR that I have ridden have been that savegely quick, otherwise I wouldn’t have even considered the 1100 Factory. You must have a good one 👍

In that case keep hold of yours and enjoy it. No point in changing.
I’m only replacing mine as it was recently written off in a major road accident due to a dangerous manoeuvre by a third party driver who nearly killed me 😡

Neither of the 19 S1000RR that I have ridden have been that savegely quick, otherwise I wouldn’t have even considered the 1100 Factory. You must have a good one ������
I can only confirm soofsayer's post. My bike melts my face if I pin the throttle in a low enough gear and 9k RPM is reached before I can say 'R1M'.

I can only confirm soofsayer's post. My bike melts my face if I pin the throttle in a low enough gear and 9k RPM is reached before I can say 'R1M'.

I suppose it’s all relative, and depends what you are used to.

I’ve also got a McLaren which will do 0-100mph in around 5 secs, which will also embarrass a lot of Superbikes.

There must be something going on with the s1000 coz theres so many mixed reviews. I was fully expecting to be placing an order on the bmw after the test ride but i guess i was so hyped up after the reviews and sales talk it left me feeling well dissapointed.
I want to ride one that has this grunt im reading about then i may reconsider.

There must be something going on with the s1000 coz theres so many mixed reviews. I was fully expecting to be placing an order on the bmw after the test ride but i guess i was so hyped up after the reviews and sales talk it left me feeling well dissapointed.
I want to ride one that has this grunt im reading about then i may reconsider.

I too am disappointed that you guys are having such a strange time with this new bike. Apart from the (still) grabby clutch there isnt anything I can fault with the bike (now that is the kiss of death I know). I am hoping to get out for a few hours on Wednesday to get the miles done so I can get the limiter removed and get on track. It feels so planted in the corners, brakes are great, the acceleration is bonkers, I can see myself going a lot faster than I did on the HP4 and I cant wait to find out.

I too am disappointed that you guys are having such a strange time with this new bike. Apart from the (still) grabby clutch there isnt anything I can fault with the bike (now that is the kiss of death I know). I am hoping to get out for a few hours on Wednesday to get the miles done so I can get the limiter removed and get on track. It feels so planted in the corners, brakes are great, the acceleration is bonkers, I can see myself going a lot faster than I did on the HP4 and I cant wait to find out.
The brakes are good i must say. Apparently they fade on track but on the road i think they have better feel over gen3.
The one i road had a lovely clutch!

Most of the reviews in my opinion are down to the way the power is delivered. The bike has a mega stable power delivery almost like an electric motor which feels slow because it doesn't have the kick in the back. Its why its already doing so well in racing even though it's still on the stock engines. I remember thinking that lots of people would not be impressed when I took the Bahnstormers demo out but once I started pushing it the thing was amazing.

Most of the reviews in my opinion are down to the way the power is delivered. The bike has a mega stable power delivery almost like an electric motor which feels slow because it doesn't have the kick in the back. Its why its already doing so well in racing even though it's still on the stock engines. I remember thinking that lots of people would not be impressed when I took the Bahnstormers demo out but once I started pushing it the thing was amazing.

Agree the Gen 4 engine’s got a turbine like quality which I think detracts from the feel of the top end - it’s so linear it doesn’t deliver that manic 12000+ rpm moto crosser scare story that the earlier versions do. However, a quick glance at the speedo confirms it lacks for nothing. That 44 Teeth report from Santa Pod alongside the RSV4 Factory shows how effective the thing is.

Back