New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If he has,he must have lost money on that one when,rumour has it,you can get a new one for well under 50k now.

Cheapest I have been offered via a BMW dealer so far is £56k

However a private seller offered me one for £46k

Has anyone heard of any new colours being added to the Sport other than Silver and Red?
Didnt someone suggest a tyco editon coming out? or was I reading things?
Silver and red only options for 2020 I believe.

I was in my local dealer last week and he reckoned another colour was coming in the Autumn/winter

Went to bmw today to retry the s1000rr incase i was immagining how gutless the one i rode was but i cant ride one coz they been recalled again! Jeezus bmw need to sort their shit out. This bike could have litterally destroyed the opposition in sales but theres so many problems im hearing about. Apparently people are complaining about how noisey and tappety the engine is too which is great coz its the first thing i said when i first tried one. Sounded like a bag of nails at 3 to 4k. Im wasnt going mad lol. The best thing for bmw is the new r1 is too expensive and the rsv4 and ducati are dear to buy so pound for pound the bmw is best value bike still.

Went to bmw today to retry the s1000rr incase i was immagining how gutless the one i rode was but i cant ride one coz they been recalled again! Jeezus bmw need to sort their shit out. This bike could have litterally destroyed the opposition in sales but theres so many problems im hearing about. Apparently people are complaining about how noisey and tappety the engine is too which is great coz its the first thing i said when i first tried one. Sounded like a bag of nails at 3 to 4k. Im wasnt going mad lol. The best thing for bmw is the new r1 is too expensive and the rsv4 and ducati are dear to buy so pound for pound the bmw is best value bike still.

Be interested to hear about your views following your second test ride.

I’ve ridden a few which have varied from silky smooth and quick to not feeling as quick and responsive.

Wouldn’t call the bike gutless (what are you comparing it to?) however the Aprilia RSV 1100 Factory feels far quicker up to around 6000RPM and feels far eager to rev up to the redline. Very easy to hit the Rev limited on the Aprilia. Also recently rode a new Kawasaki H2 which pulled strongly throughout the Rev range but just doesn’t turn in and handle like a superbike.

Sales have been limited by lack of production rather than lack of demand for the bike.

With regards to cost I have recently been offered a new RSV 1100Factory for £2200 less than a S1000RR motorsport (£4K discount).

The biggest issue for me with the cost of the S1000RR is the std bike represents excellent value for money, However the std bike needs a full Akrapovic exhaust system (due to the lack of noise) which is an additional £2,400 for the titanium system which then pushes up the cost to £22,100 for the Mororsport which then doesn’t represent good value for money compared with the competition.

I’m now tempted to buy a new HP4 Race, apart from Chris anyone else own one or have ridden one?

I’ve ridden a few which have varied from silky smooth and quick to not feeling as quick and responsive.

Wouldn’t call the bike gutless (what are you comparing it to?) however the Aprilia RSV 1100 Factory feels far quicker up to around 6000RPM and feels far eager to rev up to the redline. Very easy to hit the Rev limited on the Aprilia. Also recently rode a new Kawasaki H2 which pulled strongly throughout the Rev range but just doesn’t turn in and handle like a superbike.

Sales have been limited by lack of production rather than lack of demand for the bike.

With regards to cost I have recently been offered a new RSV 1100Factory for £2200 less than a S1000RR motorsport (£4K discount).

The biggest issue for me with the cost of the S1000RR is the std bike represents excellent value for money, However the std bike needs a full Akrapovic exhaust system (due to the lack of noise) which is an additional £2,400 for the titanium system which then pushes up the cost to £22,100 for the Mororsport which then doesn’t represent good value for money compared with the competition.

I’m now tempted to buy a new HP4 Race, apart from Chris anyone else own one or have ridden one?

You don’t ‘have’ to buy a full exhaust, you ‘want’ to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don’t ‘have’ to buy a full exhaust, you ‘want’ to

The bike definitely needs a full exhaust system as the std bike sounds absolutely shit. Exhaust note plus clattery noise from engine (which full system masks).

However each to their own 👍

I think the one i rode must have been one that was like the ones for sale in america.
Over there they are mighty hacked off with the lack of power if you look at youtube reviews. Its been proven they get something like 40% power up to 8k revs in 1st and. 50% in second 60 in 3rd etc.. but 6th is full power.
I got a 2017 r1 with ecu flash and the s1000rr had nowhere near the same torque but it did start to scream up top in the rev range.
There was lots of bad things on the one i rode so it may have been a very early one.
As for exhaust its just a given nowadays that all bikes leave the factory restricted by emmisions. You should factor in a decat and reflash to turn off all the emmisions.
The r1 is terrible standard. Its jerky and hard to ride

Christ would you all quit bitchin about emissions related limitations.

You'll soon be on electric bikes only, then your exhaust note is going to be muted for good.

California rules = neutered bikes from the factory, Euro5 not quite as bad but plus quiet exhausts.

All the manufacturers need to obey but the small volume sellers like Aprilia can be more flexible...doesn't make them better just a benefit of being low volume.

- Alex

Last edited:
Christ would you all quit bitchin about emissions related limitations.

You'll soon be on electric bikes only, then your exhaust note is going to be muted for good.

California rules = neutered bikes from the factory, Euro5 not quite as bad but plus quiet exhausts.

All the manufacturers need to obey but the small volume sellers like Aprilia can be more flexible...doesn't make them better just a benefit of being low volume.

- Alex
I forgot your on here lol.

Noones bitching about limitations.
Just that your buying a bike that is masked by emmisions.
For example the jerkyness of the r1 and rsv4 on off throttles is all emmision related and have to be like that to make the cats work properly.
The bmw is alot better on the throttle side. I was very impressed with how smooth the fly by wire was on it but i dont believe they are delivering full power other than maybe 6th gear.
As for noise i actually prefer quiet exhausts.
Ive just bought a quiet one for mine.

I forgot your on here lol.

Noones bitching about limitations.
Just that your buying a bike that is masked by emmisions.
For example the jerkyness of the r1 and rsv4 on off throttles is all emmision related and have to be like that to make the cats work properly.
The bmw is alot better on the throttle side. I was very impressed with how smooth the fly by wire was on it but i dont believe they are delivering full power other than maybe 6th gear.
As for noise i actually prefer quiet exhausts.
Ive just bought a quiet one for mine.

Have you ridden the latest RSV 1100 Factory, nothing jerky about the throttle on that.

Totally agree with you about the R1, every time I’ve ridden one, unless your 100% committed and ride it flat out everywhere it is so jerky that I feel like pulling over and throwing up at the side of the road (it’s OK on track but difficukt to ride flat our everywhere on UK roads)

Have you ridden the latest RSV 1100 Factory, nothing jerky about the throttle on that.

Totally agree with you about the R1, every time I’ve ridden one, unless your 100% committed and ride it flat out everywhere it is so jerky that I feel like pulling over and throwing up at the side of the road (it’s OK on track but difficukt to ride flat our everywhere on UK roads)
Yes i rode the factory.
It was improved over the previous models for sure.
Not what id call road friendly throttle through traffic though like the bmw is

Yes i rode the factory.
It was improved over the previous models for sure.
Not what id call road friendly throttle through traffic though like the bmw is

What was your thought on the performance and handling of the 1100 Factory compared with the s1000rr motorsport ?

All I know is that I’m desperate for mine to arrive and thought of waiting until March is driving me nuts!
BMW obviously don’t care that I’m a product of the modern world and expect instant gratification.

The bike definitely needs a full exhaust system as the std bike sounds absolutely shit. Exhaust note plus clattery noise from engine (which full system masks).

However each to their own [emoji106]

I agree with you, I’m only messing about

All I know is that I’m desperate for mine to arrive and thought of waiting until March is driving me nuts!
BMW obviously don’t care that I’m a product of the modern world and expect instant gratification.

May be able to find you one sooner if you are desperate for one prior to March next year.

Back