New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, it doesn't. But at least don't use "noticable faster" language, as it is total false.

Better electronics? Yes. Different, more streamlined ergonomics, yes.

Jeez I'd love to read your script for a video.

Hi. Today we rode these bikes.
This one was faster by 0.3 seconds.
Come back next week for our next video.
Bye.

Jeez I'd love to read your script for a video.

Hi. Today we rode these bikes.
This one was faster by 0.3 seconds.
Come back next week for our next video.
Bye.

Michael Neeves's review was well-balanced in that sense. No comparison to other bikes, only to an older model.

Last edited:
That's another 10K I need to save then because you also need a full race system and replace the front and rear suspension in order to make use of this kit.
Will be interesting to hear if there will be just an unlock/ECU tune that can be used with a full system for those who don't want the full race setup.

That's extreme - it's basically the full BSB solution. No ABS nothing of the old electronics.
I cannot believe that is the only route forwards. Because that's not a calibration *KIT* it's a full works replacement.

Have dropped a note to the RS2E guys, who I note are no longer being sold by Alpha (in the catalogue at least).

Didn’t 44 Teeth do a drag race, new S10000 vs Aprilia recently, 44teeth do seem biased to the Bavarian outfit.

Think given the choice I’d choose the Aprilia over the Ducati V4

Love the sound of the V4 just the the fact bmw have a bigger dealership network will mean more will gravitate to bmw.

Didn’t 44 Teeth do a drag race, new S10000 vs Aprilia recently, 44teeth do seem biased to the Bavarian outfit.

Think given the choice I’d choose the Aprilia over the Ducati V4

Love the sound of the V4 just the the fact bmw have a bigger dealership network will mean more will gravitate to bmw.

It's the previous vid - the S1000RR was much easier to launch so it was very repeatable in terms of drag strip runs. It also got through the 1/4 faster. Very scientific :p
For all the bias, Chris/Baron, is selling his 19RR at Bahnstormers (might be sold already) and has bought a 1000cc RSV4...and leases a V4S so er.. IDK what to make of that.

Last edited:
It's the previous vid - the S1000RR was much easier to launch so it was very repeatable in terms of drag strip runs. It also got through the 1/4 faster. Very scientific :p
For all the bias, Chris/Baron, is selling his 19RR at Bahnstormers (might be sold already) and has bought a 1000cc RSV4...and leases a V4S so er.. IDK what to make of that.

Yes,but he's also got an HP4 Race.Also,his gen4 has bahnstormer logos on it so,perhaps it was also leased.Quite why he's bought an RSV4?-mind you,Fagan's always had a soft spot for them.

It does make you wonder if there is some skulduggery.i.e. here's a bike for you to play with-just give us a good report.

At the end of the day,who really gives a toss what the media think(or are biased to think).

I don’t think the new rr was actually his I could be wrong but I thought it was a just loan bike but he is a bmw fan boy but who could blame him lol.

I’d like an Aprilia to be honest but the reports on after sales puts me off and I know bmw I like how everything is set out.

So f the media in the end we buy the bike that resonants with us .

I know it’s digressing but my 2p on the HP4 Race is that it was/is always going to be a tough sell. A £60k+ bike you can only take to the track is a non starter for most budgets, and as a trophy bike it’s failed because it’s not road homogenised. Brilliant bike by all accounts, just too much £ for the general market.

I know it’s digressing but my 2p on the HP4 Race is that it was/is always going to be a tough sell. A £60k+ bike you can only take to the track is a non starter for most budgets, and as a trophy bike it’s failed because it’s not road homogenised. Brilliant bike by all accounts, just too much £ for the general market.

For sure. When they get down to V4R money they are more reasonable...except that service interval...

Back