New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work for a big dealer group wont name who but we have BMW bike dealers. I have been told the same no allocation yet and to expect first bikes May onwards? If anyone on here works in industry they will no that there is massive issues around emissions still and WLTP. And has delayed production of most manufactures..Been very challenging times.

I work for a big dealer group wont name who but we have BMW bike dealers. I have been told the same no allocation yet and to expect first bikes May onwards? If anyone on here works in industry they will no that there is massive issues around emissions still and WLTP. And has delayed production of most manufactures..Been very challenging times.

:eek-new:

I work in the car leasing business and c02 and WLTP has been a nightmare, only just starting to get closer to normal.
Was not aware of any issues regarding motorbike manufacturers. BMW were among the first to sort their cars re WLTP and would of expected the same on bikes
Sure we will find the reason behind delay soon

Im not in the industry so please correct me - but the new RR will comply to Euro 4? Same as the outgoing RR?

I thought WLTP was in relation to going forward to Euro 6? Why would that affect the RR? Asking for a friend.

I believe New S1000RR is supposed to comply with EU5 that comes out for bikes in 2020

Im not in the industry so please correct me - but the new RR will comply to Euro 4? Same as the outgoing RR?

I thought WLTP was in relation to going forward to Euro 6? Why would that affect the RR? Asking for a friend.

Well, I was in at bmw this morning, they checked the orders infront of me and 2 bikes(one being mine) has stepped forward on delivery and is showing mid April where it was showing 1st May last week, no information to the contrary about any delays, if you order now June is the date they are giving, but no delays to the first orders as far as my local bmw dealer is concerned.

Thank you I will call my dealer now

Well, I was in at bmw this morning, they checked the orders infront of me and 2 bikes(one being mine) has stepped forward on delivery and is showing mid April where it was showing 1st May last week, no information to the contrary about any delays, if you order now June is the date they are giving, but no delays to the first orders as far as my local bmw dealer is concerned.

Thank you I will call my dealer now

Sounds a plan... wheres the party then ?
8951ed36cc408d1f4edc2128e38b76b3.jpg

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

Lets let Tim confirm. This might be sour grapes or dealer dealer BS.

- Alex

All I can tell you is I have just looked on our BMW main frame screen and this first customers order is due for delivery week 17 (22nd April) and on..
So no delays we know of for us at least.

I'm off to Portugal to ride the bike in a month and I promise to do some write ups when i'm there/back. I'm taking my drone and drift cameras too, so as long as I'm allowed to take photos/video i'll be able to show you more.

All I can tell you is I have just looked on our BMW main frame screen and this first customers order is due for delivery week 17 (22nd April) and on..

I'm off to Portugal to ride the bike in a month and I promise to do some write ups when i'm there/back. I'm taking my drone and drift cameras too, so as long as I'm allowed to take photos/video i'll be able to show you more.
Look forward to reading/hearing Tim.
Will you get to back to back test the old vs the new for comparison?

- Alex

cheers Tim, that is the dates for my bike from my local, no delays known with them either.
couple of their lads going to Portugal in a month as well

I have spoken to a BMW dealer and have been shown official launch dates for the UK as detailed here.

Attachments

• Launch.jpg
    Launch.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 75
I placed my order at the start of November and was told April delivery.
Now being told that no bikes will be available until June as that is when they are being launched
Hence my confusion when others saying bikes are coming through in April

Ye might want to try somewhere else, but with being so late in ordering June could very well be the earliest date you get

I placed my order at the start of November and was told April delivery.
Now being told that no bikes will be available until June as that is when they are being launched
Hence my confusion when others saying bikes are coming through in April
Ah ok, no idea then, my local say no issues and Tim is of the same opinion?

I placed my order pretty early on and was originally told April / May but that was a gestimate. Whilst a confident launch date has not given yet my dealer is suspecting that June may be correct.....!

Back