New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do the odd track day a year so no expert - but if I came up behind someone on track, going slow, not watching where they were going and clearly fiddling around with the settings on his bike, Id have a few choice words for them. Or is that just me?

I only really ride on track at a decent pace. Last thing I'd entertain is scrolling up down, sideways through a menu.

I have a 2019 gixer at the moment and it does allow me to change either the mapping mode or traction control level on the go. It is so simple to do but I'd still come into pits to change it.

I only really ride on track at a decent pace. Last thing I'd entertain is scrolling up down, sideways through a menu.

I have a 2019 gixer at the moment and it does allow me to change either the mapping mode or traction control level on the go. It is so simple to do but I'd still come into pits to change it.

I'm changing TC why on track on Gen3. Just 1 button click, no need to look at menu.

I'm 100% sure TC in Gen4 is exactly the same. More complicated things are done via menu yes.

2:11 he said that his journey to Nordschleife was made comfortable by the fact that the bike has heated grips in the SUMMER.

I ack that he is a decent guy, but c'mon.

He had a very wet trip, spoke to him about it and lets face it he's looking for an angle to speak about spec.

Anyone else with a Gen 4 think they sound really tappy? Mines does...not sure if it?s because the exhaust is so quiet that you notice the engine noise more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did think that too.. but its in for its run in service tomorrow. was going to ask them then. Dont feel soo bad now someone else mentioned it.

I've had a test ride on one today, it had done 800 miles and it definitely wasn't the quietest of engines, it almost sounded like an engine that the tappets needed setting on, must be just a characteristic of the engine I guess although I'd be happier if it wasn't quite so noisy

2:11 he said that his journey to Nordschleife was made comfortable by the fact that the bike has heated grips in the SUMMER.

I ack that he is a decent guy, but c'mon.
Crazy as it sounds I was very thankful for heated grips only a couple weeks back riding home at midnight with not much gear on and have been on many occasions in the middle of summer when I had the RR on the road. It's easy to forget how uncomfortable it can get in northern Europe even in the supposed height of summer.

It appears that the RR is now not on the BMW Motorrad configurator. Technical glitch or have they suspended it?

Right, I?m now being told I won?t see my 2019 RR until end of November, I had been told it would be September and I planned to go to Almeria in December to try it on the track.
Looks like I will be taking my trusty 2015 now.
To be honest I?m tired of all the excuses from BMW and seriously thinking of cancelling my order, anyone else feel the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back