New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The RRP on the M sneaked up to 19,700 from 19,315 according to the BMW website. Is that the bulk of the ?500 hush money?
The sales bloke at my dealer is on holiday, I'll ask him about delivery of mine and any sweeteners when he gets back tomoorrow.

April 1st there was a price hike and it was well advertised by the dealers/BMW. I don't know if the rebate is applied to orders placed after April as it was already known there would be delays.

I last spoke to my dealer in mid April, there was no mention of the price changing. Maybe ordering in November means it isn't passed on?

How does this "?500 hush money" work? Is it confirmed as applicable to all outstanding orders? Does the dealer just surprise you with a cheque for ?500 when you pick the bike up? Anyone know?

Hush money is quite a derogatory term to use here and unnecessary, I dont really see why you have used that expression as theres no silence being paid for. The ?500 is being given as a discount to customers who had ordered with confirmed delivery dates that were then moved due to the delays. Its a goodwill gesture.

Still waiting for a response to my question about the sub rrp ‘loads of people are paying’. Seems like bullshit to me as this claim has no hard facts. I am going to ban people who boast those sorts of claims who cant back them up because it reads like a deliberate attempt to upset bmw customers and forum members who have signed up to the new bike at rrp in good faith (which is what we are all paying).

Spoke with my dealer, yes, I will be paying RRP (as I accepted) but they will look after me. Dealer stated that BMW have effectively barred any discount. I trust my dealer as I would class the staff as my friends but, at this moment, it’s a premium bike/product.

I do not know if other larger dealers can work around the discount ‘barring?’

I will receive a ?500/products as a gesture of goodwill from BMW UK upon handover of bike. Akrapovic GP slip on here I come!

716819faf3de4faa3c34e9de7ff4bb51.jpg

Local dealer has their demo! [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely looking bike BUT is it just me that thinks the bronze trellis under the seat should have been covered by extending the white tail unit with a little red and blue ?

Hush money is quite a derogatory term to use here and unnecessary, I dont really see why you have used that expression as theres no silence being paid for. The ?500 is being given as a discount to customers who had ordered with confirmed delivery dates that were then moved due to the delays. Its a goodwill gesture.

Still waiting for a response to my question about the sub rrp ?loads of people are paying?. Seems like bullshit to me as this claim has no hard facts. I am going to ban people who boast those sorts of claims who cant back them up because it reads like a deliberate attempt to upset bmw customers and forum members who have signed up to the new bike at rrp in good faith (which is what we are all paying).

I?ve not paid RRP and stated that but because I won?t divulge the price I paid I?m lying and going to be banned. Well if that?s the kind of site you?re running then ban me. I?m not obliged to disclose my finances on an open forum, it?s disrespectful to both the dealer and myself to divulge such information and I?m not being dictated to by some jumped up admin.

Would you like a copy of my wage slip as well?

I?ve not paid RRP and stated that but because I won?t divulge the price I paid I?m lying and going to be banned. Well if that?s the kind of site you?re running then ban me. I?m not obliged to disclose my finances on an open forum, it?s disrespectful to both the dealer and myself to divulge such information and I?m not being dictated to by some jumped up admin.

Would you like a copy of my wage slip as well?

Your wage slip is put on an a2 piece of paper, you would have to shrink it to get on this forum [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my H8416 using Tapatalk

What a crazy statement to come out with. Banning people for saying they didn?t pay full RRP

What a crazy statement to come out with. Banning people for saying they didn?t pay full RRP

Did you give the salesman a "reach around" again?

Not this one no, didn?t have to [emoji1787]

It's amazing what a bit of man loving can get you nowadays [emoji23]

Last edited:
I got a call this morning from BMW Motorad Farringdon. My bike is expected 10th - 17th June :) The production has been delayed due to the popularity of the GSA1250 and other models as the factory couldn't cope with demand. I'm not 100% sure I can go ahead with buying the bike at the moment due to other unexpected commitments but I'm continuing as planned for now. The demo is available to people who have put down deposits from the 1st June and I've got a test ride booked on Monday teh 3rd. I doubt thats going to help me be sensible with money.....

Bahnstormer Alton (which is in Farringdon, Hampshire)? Was there today - demo was sat in the showroom (but won't be registered until 1st June).

I rang round quite a few dealers before I ordered my M Sport, each one told me the price was ?19700 - in spite of the website stating ?19315. I eventually agreed a deal at the lower price, and that was after haggling over successive PX offers for my 2015 Gen 3. I eventually settled on ?19315 plus what I consider to be a super price for my 15 - which was / is guaranteed against the eventual mileage on it.

No other dealer came within a grand of the PX price I?d been offered, and each one held out that it was against Motorrad?s rule of law to reduce the price below ?19700 👨🏻*✈️.

I may be dumb, but I?ll be relatively happy if that turns out to be my ?500. If I were to get a further ?500, in the form of some factory parts - I?ll be ?kin ecstatic!

Maybe we can get an apology now that someone has posted that they haven?t paid full RRP

Is that a 200 mil rear that Gen 4 is running ?... I assumed it was a 190...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
They have 3 wheel options, cast, forged, carbon. I would assume at least the latter 2 are 200 section.

- Alex

Back