New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tyco...

MD [emoji41]

You're welcome
6184d0ff4633ef22f06ea6ee2e6a4cbe.jpg
813e7132d3cb34bae979e1eaea19096f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That is a good vid. So are the WSBK guys able to use it?
I think it's fine because it's mechanical, similar to the Suzuki system. They are not allowed to use pneumatic systems (like on the MotoGP bikes?).

Solenoid though is electric...its activated...so is it ECU driven or rpm based non-adjustable?

Basically its not the mechanism but the trigger which I would assume isn't legal.

Happy if that's wrong of course.

- Alex

If the solenoid is energised and holding the pin out then I would say it's ok.
However,if the solenoid is pushing the pin down(unlikely,as it's an electro-magnet)then I would say that's operating the system,so not usable.

That's my view of course-not WSB!

The Vid Alex put up gives a real good description. Ats activated at 9000 rpm. Its activated by revs only. At 9000 rmp the solenoid drops the pin which moves the cam. The solenoid then picks up the pin as its job is done - the cam has shifted. On the way down the rev range the same thing happens but the cam shifts to the lower profile. The pin is only used during the shift at 9000 rpm - any other time the solenoid is holding the pin up out of the way.

MCN - via Facebook have just put up the first ride vid - they like it even though its still raining.

"the 2019 BMW S1000RR takes the superbike game to the next level."

Well now that is a surprise...I believe the same was said for the 'blade, R1, V4 yadda....

Select quotes from MCN
"A new riding position is no less comfy than before, but the RR is more compact and airy-light...Bars are splayed out further and you?re sat more in the RR, up against a taller, far slimmer tank."
"Powerful new Hayes calipers have a friendlier initial bite than the old designer Brembos and show no sign of fade under hard use."
"...motor has a newfound level of smoothness and tractability, which can only be good news for S1000RR on the road."

Last edited:
Select quotes from MCN
"A new riding position is no less comfy than before, but the RR is more compact and airy-light...Bars are splayed out further and you?re sat more in the RR, up against a taller, far slimmer tank."
"Powerful new Hayes calipers have a friendlier initial bite than the old designer Brembos and show no sign of fade under hard use."
"...motor has a newfound level of smoothness and tractability, which can only be good news for S1000RR on the road."
Th3 guy doing the vid also said that with own exhaust it was 204 bhp but with a full system that went to 220. That's some jump !!! Euro cats are choking the shit out of bikes !!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm getting excited, wish it was dry at the launch for some better vids.

Got a very rough PCP finance quote from my dealer with a ?4k deposit, ?274 a month for 3 years, 7.9% APR on a PCP, not sure what balloon payment it is though. Seems very pricey to be honest.
On a straight forward HP it was ?514 a month.

In comparison the year old V4S I 'bought' was ?20k, ?4k deposit and ?180 a month with a balloon of about ?12k I think.

Back