New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its annoying as I want to use the earlier track months to get accustomed to the bike before I take it abroad and shit myself

Its annoying as I want to use the earlier track months to get accustomed to the bike before I take it abroad and shit myself

If you are taking it abroad then you can run through till october or November without much issue, so its not a big deal.

BMW previously always launched bikes in February which to me was really dumb because its hardly biking weather that time of year.

Tim is a dealer so if he is saying April/May thats good enough for me for now.

The post on the launch dates does say ?european?, perhaps that doesnt include us?

Last edited:
Guy, I'm sorry to say I can confirm that what you are hearing is correct.

We received an email this morning which confirms that no deliveries will take place before the 1st of June, which is a real shame.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. As before, i'll try to get a bit more of a clue as to why there is a delay when I'm out in Portugal.

Also, I had a re-read of the technical info we got sent and interestingly the launch model will be Euro 4 model not a 5.

C
Guy, I'm sorry to say I can confirm that what you are hearing is correct.

We received an email this morning which confirms that no deliveries will take place before the 1st of June, which is a real shame.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. As before, i'll try to get a bit more of a clue as to why there is a delay when I'm out in Portugal.

Also, I had a re-read of the technical info we got sent and interestingly the launch model will be Euro 4 model not a 5.

Thanks Tim for keeping the forum updated, greatly appreciate it. It?s going to be worth the wait and gives me an extra couple of months to save for some goodies for it (the accessories will of course be purchased from the best BMW dealer - Lind!!)

Thanks for the info tim. That clarifies the situation. Disappointing its going to be June, but might just be the excuse I need to pick up something at winter prices now to fill the gap ;).

Boooo. But it gives the aftermarket companies time to get stock/parts sorted. Akra have launched their system already.

- Alex

I was in with the Belfast BMW franchise last Friday. They confirmed 'no move' before 01 June. They also told me that none of the race teams have got the new bike yet (they supply Tyco BMW) so I would reckon that most of the race teams will continue to use the gen 3 bikes with maybe a few gen 4 superstockers appearing later in the season. I'd be very surprised to see a gen 4 superbike at the TT!

They still have a gen 3 on their demo fleet. It seems that BMW UK still have a stock of around 50, although colours are limited.

Seven months from the unveiling to delivery seems very long, when you consider that the gen 3 was unveiled at the same time in 2014, with the first ones on the road in Feb 15! There's a story there!

Thing with the Gen3 was that it was an evolution of the Gen2 and not a completely new bike. Add in the euro emissions problems.... they are launching in Portugal next month I dont think there is a problem with the bike if that is what you are intimating.

Last edited:
I was in with the Belfast BMW franchise last Friday. They confirmed 'no move' before 01 June. They also told me that none of the race teams have got the new bike yet (they supply Tyco BMW) so I would reckon that most of the race teams will continue to use the gen 3 bikes with maybe a few gen 4 superstockers appearing later in the season. I'd be very surprised to see a gen 4 superbike at the TT!

They still have a gen 3 on their demo fleet. It seems that BMW UK still have a stock of around 50, although colours are limited.

Seven months from the unveiling to delivery seems very long, when you consider that the gen 3 was unveiled at the same time in 2014, with the first ones on the road in Feb 15! There's a story there!

I have seen posts on twitter from bmw Mot?rrad uk saying s1000rr worldwide release is 1st June. Any dates before are estimates.
ppl are upset on twitter because Motoradd sales teams are giving them much earlier dates.
I am sure tyco bmw will have the new bike pretty much before anyone.
Also tyco have there superbikes and race superbikes up for sale.
Tom Sykes and Markus reiterberger will be on that new bike In feb for wsbk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes we've already seen the WSBK team riding a Gen4. So they will be continuing with it. There's no reason the BSB etc teams will not have their own bikes by Feb as well. We know that when the 2017 came out it was with the race teams (even the Thundersport guys) well in advance of public release.

There was another 100 of the 2017's in a garage at Almeria in storage well before the release, as they were being used for press / customer events.

Last edited:
Thing with the Gen3 was that it was an evolution of the Gen2 and not a completely new bike. Add in the euro emissions problems.... they are launching in Portugal next month I dont think there is a problem with the bike if that is what you are intimating.

Agreed the gen 3 was an evolution, but it would still have required major retooling; there's not that much that is interchangeable between the models. It's not only the S1000RR that's affected, some of the new GS1250s models will not be released until June as well. BMW are in the business of selling things and this does seem a protracted delay.

As someone said they may not be a new s1000rr bike in time for tt
Is that a new model in the background Just seen post on insta
5480ff8b5359ae8053ae5cc8e1c24677.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes its the new one.
Brake calipers, vertical shock, low frame and engine cover.

- Alex

Last edited:
I wonder if the avg. Punter bikes are delayed because there are too many race team orders to satisfy first?

And didn't someone say Tyco didn't have their bikes?? [emoji2373]

- Alex

Last edited:
Back