New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit of footage to wet the appetite

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJAFCJyNw-A&feature=youtu.be[/FONT]

My dealer has just called and said June delivery is still expected and BMW have put the price up by ?400 from what was originally announced

BMW Motorrad UK have stated that there will be no deliveries before 01 Jun 19. Depending on who you speak to you could be waiting until September for delivery especially if you haven?t already placed a deposit on one. The bottom line is we probably won?t know more until a couple of months time, but expect a long wait nonetheless.

Last week,I asked my dealer if the price could change re Brexit/exchange rate.I was told that they had asked BMW,who confirmed that the price would stay for any motorcycle that was already on order.
BMW Motorrad UK website is still quoting the same price.

I worked in the car industry and VW etc are already saying pricing could go up as much as 10% should we leave without a deal at the end of March. This is coming through on e mails I am getting from VW and Audi. Sure we won't, although manufacturers are getting ready for it.
Assume if this happens then bikes will follow suit. My dealer cannot sell above the price quoted by BMW

Price increase if there are any would only affect new orders, orders already placed won’t be affected, or at least shouldn’t but you never know, some dealers might try it

I doubt you will see any form of discount off the list price for quite sometime.

I think a bigger problem will be he exchange rate, if as the BOE says the pound could slip to less than 1 to 1 against euro then 10% extra for Bike / Car / everything/ could be on the low side for new orders from Europe.

I placed a deposit based on the list price at that time.It's not my fault if there is a delay until after the Brexit verdict.
Should the price rise by 10%,bearing in mind that nothing is transferable gen 3 to gen 4,I will cancel my deposit and buy Japanese(sod Europe)!

As I said before,I can't see why the price should rise on pre-orders as the OTR price was agreed based on GB Pounds Sterling not Euros.

Price doesn’t rise on preorders, or at least not at my dealers, when I placed my order they told me any change in price would not be added to my purchase, only bikes ordered after price increase would be affected

I was in the dealers today,they confirmed that there would be no change to my original deal.
They did confirm that there is a price rise,across the range,from the 1st April so,if anyone is thinking of buying one perhaps they should get their order in before the end of
March.

Back