New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that's my deposit down for an M Sport again, second time lucky!
I'm 2nd in the queue apparently now so should hopefully get one as early as possible.

What happened to your first desposit and did the dealer give you an estimated delivery date? Thanks

What happened to your first desposit and did the dealer give you an estimated delivery date? Thanks

Due to the delays I pulled it and bought a V4S. But that ended up being a sack of nails so cancelled that and decided to just be patient and wait it out.
The order form says 1th May but I think that's just a standard thing. they still aren't 100% sure but I'm hoping June is realistic.

Hi everyone,

Im new here but found the forum as had put my order down on a 2019 S10000RR M Sport back in November. I was told April delivery and then got a call last week and was just told 'due to delays it will now be June'. The dealer had no other information and I couldn't find anything online. I figured there would be others so found this forum. Has anybody got any further detail? Im disappointed as handed my 2017 S100RR Sport in back in December as part ex and now won't have a bike until June.

Phil

I was not officially told why, I hear rumours about meeting Euro 4 emission levels but not sure if those are the reason for delayed delivery.

I?m glad I have kept my 2015 for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Phil, welcome to the forum. I am in the same boat as you waiting for the new bike. I dont think its anything more than passing the regs, there are bikes being ridden by press/dealers in Portugal later this month, so its a road legal issue rather than something wrong with the bikes.

Thanks Soofsayer. Just wish I hadn't handed in the old one. Will be riding like a novice again when I eventually get it!

I guess the one upside is that you probably got a better trade in value on your old bike bike in November compared to what you would get in may/june.

Due to the delays I pulled it and bought a V4S. But that ended up being a sack of nails so cancelled that and decided to just be patient and wait it out.
The order form says 1th May but I think that's just a standard thing. they still aren't 100% sure but I'm hoping June is realistic.
Joe - I was considering going down the same route as you with the V4 due to the delays in the RR - why a sack of nails??? Not very inspiring!

Haha sack of nails - brilliant. My order was November last year and I am not expecting it until June 1st at least. Whilst I can moan and I am now without a track toy let alone a road bike....I am more excited than I ever recall about anything. Period.

I'm hearing it's Sept now but that was via Facebook so don't read too much into it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm sure it's not true but he said he got it from a "reliable source" within bmw, something about having major issues with production (whatever that means)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Joe - I was considering going down the same route as you with the V4 due to the delays in the RR - why a sack of nails??? Not very inspiring!

Recall after recall and then electrical problems after they replaced the headers. They look and ride so well but the sheer lack of quality control is abysmal to be honest, a bullet dodged for me I think. At least until they become more reliable. There's some people who's bikes have been in the dealer over 50% of the ownership period!

Haha sack of nails - brilliant. My order was November last year and I am not expecting it until June 1st at least. Whilst I can moan and I am now without a track toy let alone a road bike....I am more excited than I ever recall about anything. Period.

Yeah the BMW has got me very excited, I was just impatient and wanted something there and then without waiting. I know the wait will be worth it and it'll be a better bike.

Thanks Joe - that does sound pretty shocking. My other consideration was the RSV4 - but I dont think that would fair any better. I've had my RR 4 years now with 25k on the clock and has never let me down. I just didn't want to keep it another year. Think I'm going to have to.

Nothing like noising everyone up, I am getting emails daily from bmw for the 2019 , says test ride will be bookable soon, but no date for delivery

I called into my dealer today, his system has a confirmed date for my bike week 23, first week of June.

Back