New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 3960https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird

I just thought everyone was getting uptight about this new RR... When this astonishing machine was produced in the 60s... this is alien.. almost fantasy engineering, makes the new RR look pretty agricultural lol

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1319][emoji1319][emoji1319] mint! Every days a school day. Never new that plane was from the 60?s. Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After watching the video above and then going back to these numbers, I have to admit, the 2019 RR is a bit of an eye opener.

As is the RSV4.
The difference is aprilia has adjustable rake and trail to suit each rider.
If bmw had that id be getting one

Lol... you canny have one now !...

I'd give plenty up for a shot ... Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Good man Stu. Keep on the juice, man. My eldest son is aiming for aeronautical engineering, the younger boy will also be an engineer, different flavour. It's what makes humans special is coming up with crazy sh*t like the A-12/SR-71, iPhones and skyscrapers. The "R" in SR-71 is for 'reconnaissance' and was designed to out run Soviet SAM's FFS, and regularly did. Lol.
-
I grew up near Greenham Common and before the 501st Missile wing took over, it was military aeroplane nirvana. My dad was a local big-wig and ran the "Anglo-American" committee which meant there were loads of US pilots and their wives passing through our gaff. I remember listening in to stories of messing around in fast jets, and knew exactly what I wanted to do. Anyone who's met me will realise how this dream went to sh*t about the age my head started hitting door frames. At 14 years of age I was star cadet at 211 ATC squadron, I celebrated my 15th birthday in the pub getting served beer, so not so bad. If you think MotoGP riders are small, talking to the red arrow pilots at the Air Tattoo one year was like being in kindergarden, I'd have been about 13 years old and still towered over them.
-
I've got an SR-71 story, dunno if it's true, seems unlikely but it is funny. I didn't get it off the internet, but from my Dad.
-
You can imagine there wasn't too much sympathy for the peace camp in Newbury. All sorts of reasons, not least friends who lived near the base having people come and sh*t in their garden during demonstrations, plus all the military and local law who we knew, not exactly seeing eye to eye. I digress.
-
Greenham Common had a very long runway and despite the bunkers being on site (a friend's Dad built them, he got very rich off that job) they'd still get big planes that needed special arrangements landing (C5 Galaxy, another one for you Stu) after the Cruise arrived. The SR-71 arrived one day for who-knows-why. My dad heard (second hand) that the pilots weren't fans of the peace camp and had a little surprise in store. When they took off, they did a half circle and returned to overfly the south camp at which point they stuck the nose in the air and gave it the beans. Apparently the happy campers were picking their tents and washing out of the gauzy undergrowth for some time afterwards. Sub-sonic Lol.

ps. BTW, those Cruise missile launchers were the scariest sh*t I've ever seen. Being a young rascal, I'd sometimes nick my dad's car at night. I twice bumped into a convoy of launchers in the wee small hours as they went out on excercise. Both times, I was pulled over by MP's with guns who didn't give a f*ck that I had no license. "Wait here sonny..." as a line of 10 wheeled Gryphons thundered past. It never occurred to me to say "Excuse me officer, but I do believe those nuclear missile launchers are exceeding the speed limit"

pps. Litre sportsbike is the nearest I ever got to flying a fast jet. Again, not so bad. I often think, 1 foot shorter and it would have been a very different life. But if my uncle had tits he'd be my auntie...

ppps. The SR-71 does indeed expand and contract in flight, an actual SR-71 pilot told my Dad. The fuel tanks leak when it's parked up and is one of the reasons they have to fill them up in the air. Lol. Don't believe the internet doubters. It's true.

Well stu, hats off to you for possibly having the most obscure off topic set of posts I have seen in a long while. One day someone will be reading through this lot and be wondering how much vodka and irnbru it took lol.

(Quite a bit I expect :) ). Have a good weekend.

Just turned this into a USAF thread. Lol.

Good stories there big chap..

It's all in here..I read this years ago..what a book... buy it for your lad..but read it 1st.

It did indeed piss fuel on the deck, the fueselage expanded over 6 inches in flight.
The Skunk Works/Govt created bogus companies to channel Ore from Russia to extract the Titanium.

And those retracteable Engine Spikes ... what a piece of engineering...

Skunk Works: A Personal Memoir of My Years at Lockheed https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0751515035/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_kef-BbR522KQ3

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That thing looks crap!
The paintwork is dull
It's got nice rounded lines but spoilt by that square patch on top
And they forgot the headlamps and indicators

How the hell they got it homologated-must have passed under the radar!!

That thing looks crap!
The paintwork is dull
It's got nice rounded lines but spoilt by that square patch on top
And they forgot the headlamps and indicators

How the hell they got it homologated-must have passed under the radar!!

Lol..

Hi all,
Well have kept of this thread till I had seen the bike for myself, so today I went to the NEC for a little look at the new RR ad a few other things!!!
IMO the RR will be a big jump electronics wise over the gen3. If you believe what the sales team say tell you and show you on the new dash, he did try to tell me about it being lighter than the 2017 but when I ask compared 2015 he said about the same. What the forum has said about the cheap parts is spot on but did say is a German pre production model so stuff could change, the levers I think were plastic and not a patch on the hp ones.

I asked why in the M pack if you get carbon wheels for say ?20K you can't you have carbon panels instead of the cheap looking plastic ones and he said they might give that as an option after the feedback from the shows and what is said on forums!!!!!

Dean

Hi all,
Well have kept of this thread till I had seen the bike for myself, so today I went to the NEC for a little look at the new RR ad a few other things!!!
IMO the RR will be a big jump electronics wise over the gen3. If you believe what the sales team say tell you and show you on the new dash, he did try to tell me about it being lighter than the 2017 but when I ask compared 2015 he said about the same. What the forum has said about the cheap parts is spot on but did say is a German pre production model so stuff could change, the levers I think were plastic and not a patch on the hp ones.

I asked why in the M pack if you get carbon wheels for say ?20K you can't you have carbon panels instead of the cheap looking plastic ones and he said they might give that as an option after the feedback from the shows and what is said on forums!!!!!

Dean

how can it be the same as the 2015 when that weighs 204kg wet and the base model gen 4 is 197kg wet.

Anyways am done on this thread... no more 2019 RR comments from me till I ride one..

I feel like that except we got a long shitty winter to go through before we get a chance to ride one. Thats a long while to keep your mouth shut. Im struggling already... lol

Back