New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due to the delays I pulled it and bought a V4S. But that ended up being a sack of nails so cancelled that and decided to just be patient and wait it out.
The order form says 1th May but I think that's just a standard thing. they still aren't 100% sure but I'm hoping June is realistic.

Hi Joe, sorry for delay in replying. Thank you for your reply and info.

I was the first one, at my dealer, to put a deposit down middle of last year, yet BMW UK have just given me an estimated production ( not delivery) of July? To be honest, if it is July then I?m not sure whether to wait that long considering a large part of the season would have gone.

But it will wait to see if a more definitive date is forthcoming.

I was at the bike show today. They did not even have the M Sport there which was very disappointing. Feeling a bit unMloved....so soon after V day too.

Hi Joe, sorry for delay in replying. Thank you for your reply and info.

I was the first one, at my dealer, to put a deposit down middle of last year, yet BMW UK have just given me an estimated production ( not delivery) of July? To be honest, if it is July then I’m not sure whether to wait that long considering a large part of the season would have gone.

But it will wait to see if a more definitive date is forthcoming.

I get why you're feeling that mate as it was exactly my feeling, but I'm kind of glad now that the Ducati fell through as the RR is going to be one hell of a bike! I do think it will be worth the wait.
I am surprised about the July date if you're at the top of the list at your dealer, my guy seemed pretty confident as it was the firs time they had seen a realistic date on the system, however could easily be proved wrong.

I mean?t the actual 2019 bike can?t be too far away now but heard something about September as well which would be a serious pain!

BMW Motorrad UK have stated that there will be no deliveries before 01 Jun 19. Depending on who you speak to you could be waiting until September for delivery especially if you haven?t already placed a deposit on one. The bottom line is we probably won?t know more until a couple of months time, but expect a long wait nonetheless.

Plenty of speculation that the success of the new GSA1250 has surprised BMW and forced them to push back RR production.

- Alex

Tom Sykes has been quoted as saying "it has a very light crank - I really like it". Not sure what this will mean to a normal person riding the bike? I guess it means the engine will spin up faster - but there must be a down side?

Tom Sykes has been quoted as saying "it has a very light crank - I really like it". Not sure what this will mean to a normal person riding the bike? I guess it means the engine will spin up faster - but there must be a down side?

More engine braking but,I think that can be altered electronically now.

Pretty sure they are not allowed to run a different crank? The gen 1-3 s1000rr already have a really nice light crank shaft as standard which helps it change direction pretty well for it's overall weight; its the weight of the rest of the block that makes it a bit of a fat boy. I'm hoping the new bike has the manufacturing quality, longetivity and reliability of the current engine but with less weight overall which does seem to be the case.

Last edited:
Pretty sure they are not allowed to run a different crank? The gen 1-3 s1000rr already have a really nice light crank shaft as standard which helps it change direction pretty well for it's overall weight; its the weight of the rest of the block that makes it a bit of a fat boy. I'm hoping the new bike has the manufacturing quality, longetivity and reliability of the current engine but with less weight overall which does seem to be the case.
You think this is why they didn't go with the counter rotating crank in the end?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

In 2010,the BMW WSB team asked for a heavier crank for the WSB BMW.That necessitated BMW introducing a heavier crank for all bikes manufactured mid 2010.

Back