New 2019 BMW S1000RR: Rumour, Gossip and Intrigue...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
?19k is a lot of cash to spend on a bike in anyones book but it knocks the competition into next week on value for money when you look at that M spec

Its a great price ‘all in’, but reality says it wont end there... When I got my HP4 it came ‘fully loaded’ and I found plenty of ways to spend loads on it lol.

I am not thrilled by the paint job but its just not important if it is going to be in track clothes.

One thing for sure, they are going to sell a lot of them, residuals will be good so the finance deals will be affordable compared to the gen3 despite being more cash.

I notice from reading the specs that the M Sport model comes with wheelie control, launch control and pitlane speed limiter - but that these options do not appear to be configurable on the S1000RR or S1000RR Sport - perhaps I am just reading it wrong. Seems strange as I have all the above on my Gen 3 ?

Must admit that was my thought too. They also state slide control is available as well on the m sport version, which seems to be a function of a 6 axis versus a 5 axis IMU. Kawasaki get around this by software in my zx10rr which has a 5 axis IMU. Not sure whether slide control is managed in the same way on my 15 s1000rr, as slides always seemed to be controlled when I had them on track with worn tyres!

thats a good price that then. Yes it is alot to spend on a bike but if it ends up quicker than r1m on track its worth it.
If the standard bike is faster than r1m then they win all round.
Its alot to spend on a bike but if we already got a bike worth 12k and they are 15 ish then its not much to spend over 3 years and possibly a good investment.
My thoughts are will it be that much better than a gen 3 to warrent a change? Its the bike i would pick having given a choice but its got to be much better for me to make the jump. Ps i love the large dash sooooo much.
Most tft dashs are too small to read

I think for most riders it's a case of wanting a bike with the most tech, power etc rather than needing it or even ever using it.

Well I need to wait and see if the ride height adjustment is available on the non M version as I don’t want the M don’t like the motorsport colours, if it’s not available I can’t change as the bike is too high for me

Well I need to wait and see if the ride height adjustment is available on the non M version as I don?t want the M don?t like the motorsport colours, if it?s not available I can?t change as the bike is too high for me
The 3 seat heights won't be limited to m-sport.

- Alex

Well I need to wait and see if the ride height adjustment is available on the non M version as I don’t want the M don’t like the motorsport colours, if it’s not available I can’t change as the bike is too high for me

if the ride height adjustment can even be used for that purpose that is

The 3 seat heights won't be limited to m-sport.

- Alex

speaking to bmw this morning Alex the ride height adjustment is only on the M, whether that is the 3 seat heights or not is the question, but as it stands they can’t tell me yet

You want the low seat option not ride height. Ride heght is for adjusting geometry.
Seat height is for adjusting you ;)

- Alex

Aye that would be my take on it as well, but low seat option is not an option my local dealer has been told about yet

I feckin hate BMW. I had decided that my 17 would be taken to 100k (so another 3 years on it) and then they go and do this. Plan A was de-cat mine + power commander + buy new warranty + will be 36k service soon so valves again. Might price this all up and compare against p/ex plus cash, but right now, having seen better images of it, the LED Headlights and TFT dash really appeal. Anyone else noticed the rear shock has been moved further back along with the beefed up swingarm strut. Assuming this gives a better ride and will work better with the tyre. Anyone looking for a 17 plate with 35k on it?

I went to bmw this morning. They offered no information at all regarding the bike other than it wont be april until i get to see one.
They took my details for a px and will let me know in time...
As for height of the bike. This will be like any other bike that there will be after market lowering links available.
Yes this will adjust the geometry but it does on any bike. You can lower the front a few mm too and then it wont be so far from standard. All it will do is make the bike ever so slightly more stable and slightly harder to change direction. Im 6 ft 4 but i lowered my 2015 rear so the geometry is more relaxed and its barely noticable

5.8, I am on my toes on my16, so anything higher is a no go

Surprised at that mate, I'm taller than you but have had a couple of GSA's that were a stretch but as long as you can get one foot down it shouldn't be a problem?

Not a huge problem, but if I pay for the new rr I would like it to be dod on, my16 is fine but would be perfect if I didn’t have to stand lopsided every time I stop at lights etc

Was just playing around on the bmw Webb site with putting together a new gen 3. Just by adding forged wheels, heated grips, cruise control etc (Not adding Akro exhaust) it came in at over 18k. Making the 2019 m sport a good price at ?19200

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back